GM Family First Retention Waiver
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, GM Family First Retention Waiver in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Purchased a 13 ATS over a month ago. Noticed issues with bad paint from the day after purchase. Dealer tried ...
    2013sbcats4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4

GM Family First Retention Waiver

Purchased a 13 ATS over a month ago. Noticed issues with bad paint from the day after purchase. Dealer tried to fix, but after 3 weeks they agreed
    it was not possible. They agreed to replace the vehicle, but since it was purchased under the GM Employee program I need to get a retention waiver
    to trade my car back for the new one. I called the GM Family First number and talked to Diane who was very helpful, and obtained all of the information I needed to send to start my case.
    Faxed all info 10/24, didn't hear anything by 10/28 so I called to confirm they received my fax. I talked to Joel and he said there were no notes in the system, but he could not confirm they received my information, told me to send again. Re-faxed all info 10/28, called 10/29 to confirm receipt of fax. I talked to Valorie and she was unable to confirm the info was received because it did not come to their office, and to just wait until someone calls me. I find it very hard to believe that this is the process I need to go through. The dealer is just trying to do the right thing by me, and I am just trying to go through all of the proper channels so my fathers Employee discount status remains valid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: GM Family First Retention Waiver

Quote Originally Posted by 2013sbcats4 View Post
    Purchased a 13 ATS over a month ago. Noticed issues with bad paint from the day after purchase. Dealer tried to fix, but after 3 weeks they agreed
    it was not possible. They agreed to replace the vehicle, but since it was purchased under the GM Employee program I need to get a retention waiver
    to trade my car back for the new one. I called the GM Family First number and talked to Diane who was very helpful, and obtained all of the information I needed to send to start my case.
    Faxed all info 10/24, didn't hear anything by 10/28 so I called to confirm they received my fax. I talked to Joel and he said there were no notes in the system, but he could not confirm they received my information, told me to send again. Re-faxed all info 10/28, called 10/29 to confirm receipt of fax. I talked to Valorie and she was unable to confirm the info was received because it did not come to their office, and to just wait until someone calls me. I find it very hard to believe that this is the process I need to go through. The dealer is just trying to do the right thing by me, and I am just trying to go through all of the proper channels so my fathers Employee discount status remains valid.
    Hello 2013sbcats4,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues on your new ATS and that you are having problems working with the GM Family First department. I would definitely like to see if there is anything I can assist with. They are a different department than us, but I will definitely do some researching into anything I can assist with. Could you provide me with your name, contact info, VIN, dealership you have been working with, and the GM Family First number you have been reaching out to? You can provide me with information via private message, or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line as “ATTN GREG”. I look forward to assisting you in any way I can.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.