Low Oil pressure leads to blown motor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Low Oil pressure leads to blown motor in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I took my car into Symes Cadillac in Pasadena located in SoCAL, after i was on freeway and car stated ...
    tmoneyy818 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTSV

Low Oil pressure leads to blown motor

I took my car into Symes Cadillac in Pasadena located in SoCAL, after i was on freeway and car stated Oil pressure was low, it was around 5 psi, get it towed to dealer next morning it was on a weekend, so monday they tell me they need oil pump, coupe days later they change that i come back in, expecting to leave with my car, i talked to them about changing rear diff because i head some clanking noise coming from it, so i come in me and tech goes for drive after he's doing installing, i hear weird clank noise when we go on drive, but no noise when car is parked, i ask what that is he says that sounds like it coming from tranny, still continues to drive around the block LOL.. , we get back in dealer he says i shouldn't take it doesn't sound like a good sound, then i call to follow up they say it might be caused by rear diff, change that, whatever I'm thinking he must know what he's talking about, then i get a call saying my engine is blown, and they found metal chunks in oil pan i believe, so I'm so very confused why didn't they tell me that in the very beginning, prior to doing all of this stuff, me carless for about two weeks, they finally gave a rental after, to top it off they said they're was only 2 quarts of oil in engine & they couldn't replace it under factory warranty because of "abuse", but my car stated there was 71% oil life in car, plus I'm so very confused why this 72k msrp car wouldn't tell me it needs oil LOL..., plus he just changed oil pump, and never stated anything about any oil issues. idk basically i feel like they are trying to screw me, to top everything off i bought this car in august.. LAST MONTH lol from a different state non cadillac dealer, which is not bad, all maintenance was up to date , just had oil change before i had car, i got it at 38k, then all this happened at 40k, after driving for 2k miles, yeah I'm really confused, I'm guessing maybe lawsuit, if they don't want to fix this... doesn't make sense why a billion dollar company would want to BS.

http://www.cadillacowners.com/forum/show...n-engine/page2

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Low Oil pressure leads to blown motor

Assuming the car was in the original time/mileage warranty ??

"Oil life" (the OLM) and "oil level" (DIC Check oil level message) are two very, very different things (Owner's manual). If you did not do weekly underhood checks of fluid levels and general condition, it's entirely possible that you - you - let the engine run low on oil and a simple full throttle acceleration, with its high oil flow demand, might have been the last straw.

I think that CCC will want to know your original or extended warranty status.

tmoneyy818 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTSV

Re: Low Oil pressure leads to blown motor

Im still within warranty, i have 10k miles left

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Assuming the car was in the original time/mileage warranty ??

"Oil life" (the OLM) and "oil level" (DIC Check oil level message) are two very, very different things (Owner's manual). If you did not do weekly underhood checks of fluid levels and general condition, it's entirely possible that you - you - let the engine run low on oil and a simple full throttle acceleration, with its high oil flow demand, might have been the last straw.

I think that CCC will want to know your original or extended warranty status.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.