FINAL POST: 2009 CTS and HORRIBLE customer service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CTSV_Rob
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, FINAL POST: 2009 CTS and HORRIBLE customer service in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; You can check my past posts for all my woes from a sunroof that I was told was normal to ...
    DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

Exclamation FINAL POST: 2009 CTS and HORRIBLE customer service

You can check my past posts for all my woes from a sunroof that I was told was normal to be leaking badly at 5xk miles and GM would not fix (the BMW dealership the car came from ended up paying $3500 to fix it to the GM dealership last year - a small leak is beginning to redevelop) to an inexplicable failure of systems. I am giving up on this car and Cadillac/GM in general. Through my campaign of being treated the worst any company has every treated me, by far, I have come to warn others about the cars and the service.

I am still ASTONISHED that the couple of hundred dollars it would cost Cadillac to fix the car are considered to be much more important to their reputation. I work for a Fortune 200 company at the corporate level and am proud to say I have steered many folks away from Cadillacs over the last year. One lady had two SRX in a row, both of which were trouble filled. Coupled with my car issues and my advice, she stopped that line forever and traded off a couple of months back. I steered another gentleman from a CTS into an Infiniti M35. One HR Manager was looking at luxury brands and I steered him away, and he ended up with a Mercedes C-Class. Even an intern up and coming had an 07 CTS and wanted to upgrade to a newer model. I convinced him to stay away.

I will continue this battle and I certainly hope these lost sales are worth the $200-$300 dollars it would cost the bottom line. I am shocked at how close GM must be running to the margins for this small amount to be worth alienating a customer, all his family, and anyone he can talk to about his horrid experience for life. You see, they sometime say maybe it was the car, to which I tell them even if it was that wasn't my issue - It was the horrible, utterly disgusting service I received at both the dealer and corporate level. I then tell them will not change despite the car.

Since Cadillac has no interest in fixing this I will be selling it/trading it off soon. It was my first and definitely last foray into a GM product.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: FINAL POST: 2009 CTS and HORRIBLE customer service

Quote Originally Posted by DaPurpleRT View Post
    You can check my past posts for all my woes from a sunroof that I was told was normal to be leaking badly at 5xk miles and GM would not fix (the BMW dealership the car came from ended up paying $3500 to fix it to the GM dealership last year - a small leak is beginning to redevelop) to an inexplicable failure of systems. I am giving up on this car and Cadillac/GM in general. Through my campaign of being treated the worst any company has every treated me, by far, I have come to warn others about the cars and the service.

I am still ASTONISHED that the couple of hundred dollars it would cost Cadillac to fix the car are considered to be much more important to their reputation. I work for a Fortune 200 company at the corporate level and am proud to say I have steered many folks away from Cadillacs over the last year. One lady had two SRX in a row, both of which were trouble filled. Coupled with my car issues and my advice, she stopped that line forever and traded off a couple of months back. I steered another gentleman from a CTS into an Infiniti M35. One HR Manager was looking at luxury brands and I steered him away, and he ended up with a Mercedes C-Class. Even an intern up and coming had an 07 CTS and wanted to upgrade to a newer model. I convinced him to stay away.

I will continue this battle and I certainly hope these lost sales are worth the $200-$300 dollars it would cost the bottom line. I am shocked at how close GM must be running to the margins for this small amount to be worth alienating a customer, all his family, and anyone he can talk to about his horrid experience for life. You see, they sometime say maybe it was the car, to which I tell them even if it was that wasn't my issue - It was the horrible, utterly disgusting service I received at both the dealer and corporate level. I then tell them will not change despite the car.

Since Cadillac has no interest in fixing this I will be selling it/trading it off soon. It was my first and definitely last foray into a GM product.
    Hello DaPurpleRT,

I apologize for the issue with your CTS sunroof and it not being covered for repair. I would like to take a look into your situation for you. I am sorry to hear you feel this way based on your current situation. General Motors takes comments like this very seriously, and I have documented your concern along with your comments. General Motors relies heavily on loyal customers and I hope one day we may be given the opportunity to earn your business again. Can you private message me and include your contact information, VIN, mileage, and a case number if you had one? I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Which fortune 200 company do you work for?

Kellogg.

----------

Also a Cadillac engineer felt so bad he sent me a TCCM to try with no luck. Said there was a known issue to them where the leaky moonroofs allowed water to get into these units and short them out.

He did state initially and after he thought it sounded like wheel speed sensors which would have been covered under the powertrain warranty, but the dealership claims they are "all fine" though I am fairly sure they didn't check them....

Cadillac has washed their hands of this. They simply do not care and will not do anything untilt hey get my $1000 to fix an issue that should likely be covered under the Powertrain warranty anyhow.

I am done with GM, and will be doing EVERYTHING in my power to steer everyone I know away from them for good. No one should ever have to deal with a company like this, especially when they are only still around thanks to the taxpayer they refuse to help or give a break to. Despicable.

It ended up being a broken wire which SHOULD have been covered under warranty.... but I could get no dealer to look at it under warranty, nor would Cadillac Corporate risk the 10 or 20 dollars to do so....

Absolutely unbelievable and definitely my last GM...

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, put it on 24s
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Just for the record, did you ever reply to Post #2, and if so, what was the result ?

Yes, after they looked up my info and saw over months I'd talked to a half dozen folks at Corp., all who decided I wasn't worth helping, they told me there was nothing to be done.

twiztedlacs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 Convertible
    I don't work for GM but it amazes me how quick people are to bad mouth a product when they have an issue, I have been in the automotive industry for 15 yrs. I can tell you EVERY car maker has its problems no vehicle is inferior. That's why they have warranties. If you are so worried about paying for repairs on your vehicle, you should consider an extended warranty. I have been a firm believer in " when you warranty is up, its up". Whether it's one day out or one mile out. There has to be a point when the ambilical cord is cut! Just saying.

Actually it was a broken wire and the car was under full power train warranty the entire time, Ll the dealerships and Cadillac Corporate simply refused to look hard enough to fix it.

I've said a dozen times my biggest issue wasn't that he car was plagued with problems, it was the incredible, unbelievably horrible response frm the manufacturer on their flagship brands flagship car that has made me a lifelong anti-GM activist who will do all I can to steer others clear. If they won't stand behind their products and warranty they don't deserve loyal customers.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Sorry but I need to ask, why do you think a sunroof should be covered under a power train warranty?

Power train defintion:
    the mechanism that transmits the drive from the engine of a vehicle to its axle.

I don't believe the sunroof would be part of this.

I think you've misread. I never insinuated a moonroof had anything to do with the powertrain warranty...

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Cadillac has washed their hands of this. They simply do not care and will not do anything untilt hey get my $1000 to fix an issue that should likely be covered under the Powertrain warranty anyhow.
    Actually it was a broken wire and the car was under full power train warranty the entire time, Ll the dealerships and Cadillac Corporate simply refused to look hard enough to fix it.
    I think you've misread. I never insinuated a moonroof had anything to do with the powertrain warranty...
    I apologize, my mistake. When I read the lines above I guess I just assumed so that's on me.

The OP is not buying another Cadillac and Customer Care has communicated with him. Thread closed.
    Rolex likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.