Certified Pre-Owned Warranty Issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Certified Pre-Owned Warranty Issue in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I am beyond upset with the treatment I have received after buying a "Certified Pre-owned 2010 Cadillac SRX" from Ed ...
    kirk24srx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury

Certified Pre-Owned Warranty Issue

I am beyond upset with the treatment I have received after buying a "Certified Pre-owned 2010 Cadillac SRX" from Ed Morse Cadillac at Ed Morse Auto Mall Sawgrass. I was mislead to believe I had more warranty and at this point I feel flat out lied to. They are always "taking care of it" with no results!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Warranty Issue

Specifics help a lot in these cases otherwise you come off sounding like a crank.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kirk24srx View Post
    I am beyond upset with the treatment I have received after buying a "Certified Pre-owned 2010 Cadillac SRX" from Ed Morse Cadillac at Ed Morse Auto Mall Sawgrass. I was mislead to believe I had more warranty and at this point I feel flat out lied to. They are always "taking care of it" with no results!
    Hello kirk24srx,

I understand how you can be upset when it comes to a warranty issue. I am sorry if you were mislead in anyway. Can you please private message me so we can further discuss your concerns and issues you are having?

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

kirk24srx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hello kirk24srx,

I understand how you can be upset when it comes to a warranty issue. I am sorry if you were mislead in anyway. Can you please private message me so we can further discuss your concerns and issues you are having?

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Good Afternoon,

I would like to start by thanking you for your response. Like I said before I am unhappy with the way that I've been getting the run around about the warranty on my vehicle. When I purchased the vehicle it had 58200 miles and I was told that it was a certified pre owned Cadillac. With that said, the salesman and the finance manager went over the numbers which I was more than okay with. The problem comes with the warranty. Both Matthew (salesman) and Tony (finance manager) told me that the vehicle had 100k bumper to bumper warranty. They told me that the way the warranties work with certified pre owned Cadillacs were changing to 100k power train and 70k bumper to bumper but since I was taking delivery before June 1st of this year I was being "grandfathered" in to the old plan which is 6 year 100k bumper to bumper and power train, they even told me the exact in service date and when the 6 years would be up if I didn't drive the miles first. I thought I had the total package especially since I told them that I wanted an extended warranty so bad I wanted to pay for it. They told me since the vehicle was certified and already has the 100k bumper to bumper the system would not let them add on an extended warranty. It was not until a couple days later that I took the vehicle in because a headlight had condensation and I asked the service manager to go over my warranty and he told me it was only reflecting 70k, at this point I got concerned and since then I have been constantly following up with Matthew and there is no resolve to this matter. Finally one day I got a phone call from Bob the used car manager to speak to me about my concerns and he reiterated that I did indeed qualify for the warranty since the delivery date was before June 1, 2012, I took deliver 5-28-2013 by the way, towards the end of that phone call he said that he would speak to Joe the service manager to see how we could get the system to reflect the coverage and actually told me that if he DID NOT call me back that means that he took care of it. I told him that I wanted to hear back either way because it was really bothering me. I heard nothing. I called Joe a few days later to follow up and nothing has changed. I have tried to reach Bob at the dealership several times to no avail. At this point I am fed up and don't like to be jerked around. Like everyone else I am really bush but I refuse to just sweep this under the rug because it is like they lied to me especially when I was willing to pay extra for a warranty. Please tell me there is a way you can help me get some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by kirk24srx View Post
    Good Afternoon,

I would like to start by thanking you for your response. Like I said before I am unhappy with the way that I've been getting the run around about the warranty on my vehicle. When I purchased the vehicle it had 58200 miles and I was told that it was a certified pre owned Cadillac. With that said, the salesman and the finance manager went over the numbers which I was more than okay with. The problem comes with the warranty. Both Matthew (salesman) and Tony (finance manager) told me that the vehicle had 100k bumper to bumper warranty. They told me that the way the warranties work with certified pre owned Cadillacs were changing to 100k power train and 70k bumper to bumper but since I was taking delivery before June 1st of this year I was being "grandfathered" in to the old plan which is 6 year 100k bumper to bumper and power train, they even told me the exact in service date and when the 6 years would be up if I didn't drive the miles first. I thought I had the total package especially since I told them that I wanted an extended warranty so bad I wanted to pay for it. They told me since the vehicle was certified and already has the 100k bumper to bumper the system would not let them add on an extended warranty. It was not until a couple days later that I took the vehicle in because a headlight had condensation and I asked the service manager to go over my warranty and he told me it was only reflecting 70k, at this point I got concerned and since then I have been constantly following up with Matthew and there is no resolve to this matter. Finally one day I got a phone call from Bob the used car manager to speak to me about my concerns and he reiterated that I did indeed qualify for the warranty since the delivery date was before June 1, 2012, I took deliver 5-28-2013 by the way, towards the end of that phone call he said that he would speak to Joe the service manager to see how we could get the system to reflect the coverage and actually told me that if he DID NOT call me back that means that he took care of it. I told him that I wanted to hear back either way because it was really bothering me. I heard nothing. I called Joe a few days later to follow up and nothing has changed. I have tried to reach Bob at the dealership several times to no avail. At this point I am fed up and don't like to be jerked around. Like everyone else I am really bush but I refuse to just sweep this under the rug because it is like they lied to me especially when I was willing to pay extra for a warranty. Please tell me there is a way you can help me get some answers.
    Hello kirk24srx,

Thank you for providing us with the situation regarding your warranty. I apologize that the dealership has been unresponsive to your latest attempts to gather information regarding to this concern. Laura and I would like to look into this situation for you regarding your CPO warranty. Could you private message us your name, contact info, and VIN so we can contact Bob at ED Morse? If you are not able to private message us, please send your information in an email to socialmedia@gm.com. When you send your email, be sure to include “ATTN LAURA OR GREG” so it gets delivered to one of us. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to assisting you with your concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

BillGS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Gregory/Laura, I am also having a difficult time finding out warranty information on the 2009 CTS I bought 5/23/13. I have the Certified Pre-Owned inspection sheet and was told I have the 6 year bumper to bumper warranty but do not know the mileage. VIN is 1G6DM577090150244. I was at the dealer yesterday asking this question and they said I did have the bumper to bumper warranty and I could find the warranty definition on the web.

A few weeks prior I was another dealer looking to repair the rear door latch (lock would not work so you had to slide over from the other side to lift the lock rod to open the door). They said it was not covered. So I'm still wondering what items other than parts that normally wear, I wouldn't think the door lock servo would wear, are on that "not covered list".

Can you give me a lead to where I might find specifically those things that are not covered like the dealer has access to? I spent the better part of this evening looking on the web, like (http://www.cadillac.com/certified-pr.../warranty.html) pages but they are too general.

Quote Originally Posted by BillGS View Post
    Gregory/Laura, I am also having a difficult time finding out warranty information on the 2009 CTS I bought 5/23/13. I have the Certified Pre-Owned inspection sheet and was told I have the 6 year bumper to bumper warranty but do not know the mileage. VIN is 1G6DM577090150244. I was at the dealer yesterday asking this question and they said I did have the bumper to bumper warranty and I could find the warranty definition on the web.

A few weeks prior I was another dealer looking to repair the rear door latch (lock would not work so you had to slide over from the other side to lift the lock rod to open the door). They said it was not covered. So I'm still wondering what items other than parts that normally wear, I wouldn't think the door lock servo would wear, are on that "not covered list".

Can you give me a lead to where I might find specifically those things that are not covered like the dealer has access to? I spent the better part of this evening looking on the web, like (http://www.cadillac.com/certified-pr.../warranty.html) pages but they are too general.
    Hello BillGS,

I would be more than happy to research this information for you and provide you with it. Could you please email me at socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line as “ATTN GREG” with your name, contact info, mileage, and dealerships that you were working with. I will provide you with what the Cadillac Warranty manual states about what is not covered. I would like to speak to the dealership who told you that the rear door latch was not covered under warranty because as long as you are still within the mileage, you are covered under your CPO warranty. The mileage that this warranty expires on your vehicle is at 70,178 miles. Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to us. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Drill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V wagon
    I wonder if a tune and a cold air intake will void your warranty?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

If the car is within the original manufacturer's B to B warranty, or if the fine print in an aftermarket warranty excludes unauthorized modifications, then I would imagine that the warranties are out the window.

As always, read the owner's manual and the warranty info.

Drill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V wagon
    Does anyone know if installing a cold air intake
    Would void out your warranty?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Post #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Drill View Post
    Does anyone know if installing a cold air intake
    Would void out your warranty?
    Hello Drill,

As Submariner stated, any aftermarket addition to the vehicle definitely has the possibility to void your warranty. If you would like any further details about a specific part and why it would affect the warranty coverage, I would suggest reaching out to your dealership. Please feel free to private message me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ikireland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Drill
    Does anyone know if installing a cold air intake Would void out your warranty?
    Will not outright void your warranty, if you where to have a failed am for something else in that area then the repair May Not be covered, but no it will not outright void the entire warranty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.