Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Problem with '08 CTS and Uncooperative Cadillac Dealer

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  imarmstead 
#1 ·
Hoping someone may be able to assist in the matter. My 08 CTS went into "limp" mode, so I took it to a reputable independent shop to have it checked out. The shop I have taken it to said there is a possible TSB for the issue I'm experiencing with my CTS, however, they have notified me that the dealer is being uncooperative and not releasing information to them on the TSB that could be helpful in them resolving the issue. The shop has told me that I may now have to take my car to the dealership to get it fixed. I was notified about the dealer/TSB problem on Friday 3/15. I'm hoping this is not the strategy of any Cadillac dealer to force me to take my car into a dealership because they want to make money off me instead.

I should have another update from my shop on Monday 3/18 about this issue.

Thank You.

Robert I.

#2 ·
Thank you for your patience, Robert! I was off duty this weekend, so I apologize for the delay.

Customer Service is certainly happy to step in and contact your dealer on your behalf if you continue to experience frustrations! Please feel free to send me an email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can explore your next best steps with you at any point in the process.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#4 ·
I found if you do not apply the brakes while making those sharp turns and just wait till you straighten the wheel back to a front position you won't loose your braking ability. This has saved me many times. Gotta wait for a day off to take it in for service. Hope they can fix this once and for all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.