Dealer says AWD system, ABS, STeering Assist, and TC shutting on/off due to miss. ??? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Dealer says AWD system, ABS, STeering Assist, and TC shutting on/off due to miss. ??? in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Where in the world did you find a shop rate of $80/hr? It's at least a $100/hr anywhere else. Maybe ...
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Dealer says AWD system, ABS, STeering Assist, and TC shutting on/off due to miss.

Where in the world did you find a shop rate of $80/hr? It's at least a $100/hr anywhere else. Maybe you should have bought a less expensive car.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

mhamilton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 XJ8-L, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(

Re: Dealer says AWD system, ABS, STeering Assist, and TC shutting on/off due to miss.

GM has told me because the dealer can't pull the code my local Advance Autoparts can and because they think that a non-existent ghost engine miss (the car gives out no miss codes, only loss of communication with the ABS system) they will not help me. Great.... Last GM for me....
    Um, if the 1st dealer said there's a code for "loss of communication with the ABS system" why don't they diagnose and fix that issue first? Clearly an ABS system fault can cause a loss of traction control. If the ABS system is not functioning due to a fault there's little the car can do to control traction or stability.

I can understand your frustration with a poor dealer experience, have been there and done that. But don't go off the deep end about the car because of one incompetent dealership service department. If there's a fault with the ABS, then it can be diagnosed and repaired, and will likely solve all the traction/4wd issues. It's not a Cadillac thing, most cars will disable stability and traction when a single system fault exists (e.g. Mercedes, Chrysler, probably all modern cars).

DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

Actually the first dealer told me it was putting out a misfire code (though no one else could pull this code) and that was causing this issue. I took it to Advance Autoparts directly after and they pulled the losss off communication code the dealer couldn't.

Back when the car did have a miss (ended up being plugs/a coil pack), both this dealer and the next closest said they couldn't feel the obvious miss... and it progressed and progressed so I just took a shot and replaced those items at 80k miles. Had several other what the heck moments too, but Cadillac customer support always told me it is their policy to stand behind the dealership, hence my disillusionment.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Just a thought since I am not multi tasking I had occasional random T/C shutting off in my G5GT that was tied to a misfire.
    That is part of the programming in the PCM

Anyways after Gm replacing my coils, plugs and fuel injectors twice the problem was still present randomly after each repair because my b.f. would scan my car and do live data with the car running and while I drove it viewing the misfire count table.
    The misfires were just below the amount of misfires needed most of the time to where the Pcm would enable the DTC and service engine light.
    It got to a point where my b.f. installed my own permanent mount scan gauge in my car with a pillar pod so that I could data log my misfires while driving to prove that they still existed.

So my b.f. used his scope to inspect the inside of my engine and determined it was a valve problem, which I had fight with 2 dealers to get fixed and then Pontiac customer service sent me to 3rd dealer who listened to my b.f.'s diagnoses and they consulted with a Gm engineer to come to same conclusion.
    And that fixed my problem, the occasional DTC's and T/C off all ended with the replacement of the cylinder head.

The dealer Tech can view the misfire counts separately while the engine is running and or driving with a load on it with the GM Tech2 Diagnostic scanner tool that they use..

Just a thought in case your Loss of communication with the ABS doesn't come back after it has been cleared.

With all of the problems I have read that you have had a diagnostic scanner that also does ABS,Air bags and live data would pay for its self after a problem or 2 instead of paying the diagnostic fee's at the dealer IMO

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Don't mess with Binky Bear!

DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

Thanks for the thought, but unfortunately, that would be covered under the powertrain warranty, and the dealers will not look at anything covered under that until they exhaust every conceivable non-covered option. So, hoping it is not this....

SlvrDude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPurpleRT
    Thanks for the thought, but unfortunately, that would be covered under the powertrain warranty, and the dealers will not look at anything covered under that until they exhaust every conceivable non-covered option. So, hoping it is not this....
    Slvrdude.
    Regarding your ABS issue have same prob on my '04 Escalade traction control light comes car stalls out no AWD. Problem diagnosed as bad ABS sensors in FWD hubs. R&R problem solved... Common to all industry vehicles with AWD my dealer has had quite a few show up in his repair bay of late. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.