2010 CTS 3.0L Whats the Suggested Interval For Transmission & Filter Change
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, 2010 CTS 3.0L Whats the Suggested Interval For Transmission & Filter Change in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Can any one advise what the suggested interval is for changing the automatic transmission fluid & filter? Also, whats the ...
    calesa903 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/Luxury, 2010 CTS/Luxury

2010 CTS 3.0L Whats the Suggested Interval For Transmission & Filter Change

Can any one advise what the suggested interval is for changing the automatic transmission fluid & filter? Also, whats the best synthetic oil to use? Are additives recommended? My vehicle currently gas approx 30,600 miles on the OEM oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2010 CTS 3.0L Whats the Suggested Interval For Transmission & Filter Change

"Any one" takes this out of the exclusive realm of GM/Cadillac feedback for dealer, warranty and recall questions - the intent of this particular forum - but this will echo:

Owner's manual for fluid service intervals - Service and Maintenance.

There is no "best" synthetic oil to use - a good brand name - whatever floats your boat. (and know that your transmission uses DEXRON-VI, the GM synthetic transmission fluid in use since mid-2006.)

GM/Cadillac specifically DOES NOT recommend snake oil and additives - any where, any time. (Maybe, just maybe, you could run a 20 oz. jug of Chevron TECHRON through a fillup of a Top Tier gasoline at the start of a highway trip. TECHRON ??? Top Tier ??? Google them.)

If your engine has 36,000 miles on the original engine oil, you are a candidate for the Darwin Award for 2012 !!! (Transmissions usually go 100,000 +++)

Do you, by some chance, have another CF account with the username gwap1 ???

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi, calesa903 --

As Submariner409 noted, your owners manual is a great resource for these types of queries! The "Recommended Fluids, Lubricants, and Parts" section of your manual begins on page 10-6. Page 10-7 is especially helpful as it recommends DEXRON®-VI Automatic Transmission Fluid for your automatic transmission.

The Engine Oil section of your manual starts on page 9-10, and the recommended engine oil information is fond on 9-11! If you have any lingering questions, however, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

calesa903 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/Luxury, 2010 CTS/Luxury

Thank you for the reply Submariner409 (I think). I do not care what the manual states, I asked what others thought based on their own experience(s), and as far as the engine oil is concerned it gets changed every 5,000 miles, Mobil-1 and PurolatorOne filter, so you can keep your "Darwin Award", I believe I will now exit this pretentious forum and seek friendlier sites else where, thanks.

PS: Thanks Katie, I will certainly contact you with any other questions I may have and thank your for your offer and consideration.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by calesa903 View Post
    Can any one advise what the suggested interval is for changing the automatic transmission fluid & filter? Also, whats the best synthetic oil to use? Are additives recommended? My vehicle currently gas approx 30,600 miles on the OEM oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by calesa903 View Post
    Thank you for the reply Submariner409 (I think). I do not care what the manual states, I asked what others thought based on their own experience(s), and as far as the engine oil is concerned it gets changed every 5,000 miles, Mobil-1 and PurolatorOne filter, so you can keep your "Darwin Award", I believe I will now exit this pretentious forum and seek friendlier sites else where, thanks.

PS: Thanks Katie, I will certainly contact you with any other questions I may have and thank your for your offer and consideration.
    bye bye
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

calesa903, Your wish is my command. ..... ByeBye.

FYI, Every point of your original post/question was answered factually and accurately - Even CCC pointed you toward the owner's manual and DEXRON-VI.

Check your gwap1 account.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.