CTS-V and iPhone 5 Adapter/Bluetooth Audio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, CTS-V and iPhone 5 Adapter/Bluetooth Audio in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Hi, I just upgraded to the iPhone 5 and find myself not being able to connect to the car's audio ...
    taimuradin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

CTS-V and iPhone 5 Adapter/Bluetooth Audio

Hi,

I just upgraded to the iPhone 5 and find myself not being able to connect to the car's audio system due to the tiny lightning connector that doesn't fit into the Cadillac adapter. Any idea if Cadillac has come up with a newer iPhone 5 connector or adapter? Also any Bluetooth solution out there? Really appreciate the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: CTS-V and iPhone 5 Adapter/Bluetooth Audio

Taimuradin, I'm sorry to hear that! Have you had the chance to consult with your dealer yet about next steps with a connector? I recommend checking in with them initially, but if you're still having concerns after discussing the matter with them, then please let me know! My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    What year is your CTS-V? If it's a 2009 or newer then the Apple Lightning cable which came with your phone will connect directly to the USB port in the center armest. If you want to leave a cable in the car, places like Target and Wal-Mart sell aftermarket iPhone cables for a reasonable price, and they're sturdier than the spaghetti thin cable Apple gave you.

As far as Bluetooth, if your V is 2009+ then it's already there- just hold the handsfree button on the steering wheel and say "handsfree" (if you have Nav), "bluetooth", then "pair", then follow the instructions.

If your V is a first generation (2004-2007), none of this apples. iPod connectivity and BT were never offered, so if you have iPod connection cable in the car now, it was installed aftermarket. You'll also need to look aftermarket if you want to add Bluetooth.

Hope that helps.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

hawkeye372 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Apple also I think makes the adapter. Because the iPhone 5,s are not capadible with the ihomes. Just check with apple or the closest apple store.

taimuradin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks everyone. Katie I will call the dealership and see if GM has offered any iPhone5 connectors for the CTS-V.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    If the V used the standard 30pjn to a standard USB. Then the newer lightning to USB shall work.

If not, then as suggested, the adaptor that Apple has. 30pin to lightning.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.