07 Escalade, 120K km (75k miles) engine knock, off warranty, any chance of goodwill?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, 07 Escalade, 120K km (75k miles) engine knock, off warranty, any chance of goodwill? in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; As the title states...I have a 2007 Escalade with 120,000km on it and a heavy engine knock. The knock is ...
    pfk
    pfk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

07 Escalade, 120K km (75k miles) engine knock, off warranty, any chance of goodwill?

As the title states...I have a 2007 Escalade with 120,000km on it and a heavy engine knock. The knock is not a cold start issue...it is an engine knock... I have been trying for an hour now to upload .mov file to photobucket without success so you'll just have to trust me on it for now lol

I spoke with a GM dealer that I work with regularly and apparently the warranty is already up...turns out original owner purchased it nice and early.

What is the criteria for any goodwill from Cadillac even if it is only partial? I started pricing out the repair and let's just say...its expensive....expensive enough that I will be parking the Escalade that I bought my wife for a valentines present.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated...
    Thanks in advance,
    pfk

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 07 Escalade, 120K km (75k miles) engine knock, off warranty, any chance of goodwi

Good morning pfk,

While we cannot guarantee anything up front, to be considered for any kind of goodwill you would need to contact GM of Canada (Customer Service for your region) at 1-888-446-2000 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST). If I am wrong with my guess as to which country you're from, please let me know and I would be happy to get you the appropriate information.

Sarah, Cadillac Customer Service

pfk
    pfk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Re: 07 Escalade, 120K km (75k miles) engine knock, off warranty, any chance of goodwi

Thanks for the response, and sorry for the delayed reply; I was out of town and viewed the reply on my phone and told myself to remember to post once at home again and obviously forgot lol

Yes the vehicle was purchased and is in canada, unfortunately I am in Saskatchewan and the vehicle is in Quebec. I am trying to work out picking it up with a trailer on my christmas holiday so that I can bring it back with me to deal with. I was told I should first bring the vehicle into a cadillac dealer and once a file has been started we can see what will happen with potential warranty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.