Clicking rotors...new Tech Order
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Clicking rotors...new Tech Order in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; What a clusterf... Cadillac has now decided that the problem with the clicking front rotors is the far cheaper lug ...
    Metacomet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon, Black Diamond

Clicking rotors...new Tech Order

What a clusterf...

Cadillac has now decided that the problem with the clicking front rotors is the far cheaper lug nut retorqueing fix

Took my 2011 CTS-V Wagon in with the chattering brakes

Dealer confirmed the racket and ordered the replacement rotors

Went in today as they had called to let me know the parts had arrived, and was advised that the rotor replacement bulletin had been revised back to the lug nut fix

After waiting a week for the parts to arrive, they changed the fix

They say can't put on the rotors cause Cadillac won't pay for them

Surprise, surprise

Of course they can't do the lug nut fix either, cause they don't have those parts either

Say they'll call me in a week to come in the 3rd time to get the brake racket fixed

Wonder when I'll be back in the market for a $70,000 GM car

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Gary Veeeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV
    I'm having the same issue myself I've had the car for three weeks and been to shop three times I'm starting to get really pissed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Clicking rotors...new Tech Order

Metacomet & Gary Veeeeee, email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like me to contact your dealerships next week and create service request cases for you to officially document your frustrations. I'm so sorry to see that you both continue to be exasperated with your clicking concerns!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

There was another from NY too who was at the Meet and Greet in Englishtown, NJ last year. The latest news from his dealer was to tighten the lugs at over 200 lbs. According to his dealer, GM recommended that torque. We both said "yeah right". I highly doubt that a company would want to have lug nuts torque on so tight that they won't be able to be taken off with the wrench in the trunk. Besides, the lugs probably won't be able to handle that much pressure.

I must ask the both of you. When does this clicking happen? Light braking, hard braking or both? When you brake in a straight line, or when turning into a parking space?

KOT

Mine does it with no breaking at all I hear it mostly at slow speeds with slight turn or hard turn. If I listen closely with the window down I can hear it in fast turn also. Itis extremely loud to to the point where if I'm in a parking lot at a local convenience store people actually turn
    Their head to see what's coming it's almost embarrassing. I like when people turn their heads for the car, but not for this like we use to put the baseball cards in the bicycle spokes.

Let me guess, when brought into the dealer, they can't micmic the clicking when on the lift? Do they at least concur there is a clicking noise when driving around the parking lot at the dealer?

If it doesn't make the clicking when on the lift, then at tells me that it needs to have pressure in order to produce the sound. With out hearing it, I am thinking that there is wrong with the wheel and hub mating surface.

When I had my clicking noise, it was because I did something stupid. Some how, I didn't tighten all of my lugs. After a week or so of driving, my driver's rear wheel got looser and started to hear clicking noises. Turn to find out, 3 out of 5 lugs were finger tight. Obviously, you and your dealer have looked at that already. However, there is one more theory. That the wheel and hubs do not line up with the lugs.

For example, my CTS which is 1st gen can not use the wheels from any of the 2nd gen CTS. Because my lugs are at 115 by 5. While yours is at 120 by 5. However, there are several other sizes between that can "closely" match up. I hate to say it, but is it possible that someone screwed up at the manufacture plant? Absolutely. Either the wrong hubs were installed, or the wrong wheels. Or even the wrong lug nuts. I don't know, it's just my thoughts with out seeing the car. Perhaps you can tell the dealer about the SLIM possibility of one of the parts being wrong.

KOT

Nope, when I turn into garage there is slight turn to the left into the bay area, they all
    Hear it..I have a feeling they are not that experienced with the V. It is possible to have mismatched lugs dealers are always changing rims around had a similar issue with my Ram. Had to diff rims on front and rear.

Well, got the car back last night and thank God we're fixed. The clicking seems to be solved for now I'm happy.

Do what did they say they did?

KOT

As simple as it sounds the lugs were the fix .. However reading back threw the posts I think it's the stock polished rims.. There are many posts that state the noise went away when they changed rims. I think that's why some have it and some don't .

Metacomet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon, Black Diamond

Update for clicking rotors

The noise was only apparent when I was edging into a parking space with the wheel turned

Of course that may have been that that was the only time other noise didn't mask the clicking

These are the black wheels on the Black Diamond edition

..anyway, the dealer got permission to install the rotors that had been previously ordered as well as lug nuts

Oh, while I was at it, and having been tipped off here to the possibility, mentioned what I had heard as a grumbling noise from the differential

Sure enough, it had the issue, and they tried changing out the lubricant...no luck

Now I will need to go back for the replacement differential gear set that has been ordered

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.