Escalade door handle not covered? Extended warranty question.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Escalade door handle not covered? Extended warranty question. in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; When we bought our '08 Escalade almost 3 years ago, the dealer told us the certified extended warranty extended the ...
    tpetty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 ESV

Escalade door handle not covered? Extended warranty question.

When we bought our '08 Escalade almost 3 years ago, the dealer told us the certified extended warranty extended the bumper to bumper coverage to 6 years/100k miles. There is a well known problem with door handles on these Escalades -- and we have had 2 or 3 fixed over the last couple years, always done for free. I assumed this was the CPO warranty coverint this.

Another door handle broke the other day, and we took it in to be fixed, and were charged this time. Told warranty doesn't cover this.

I looked at the CPO warranty on the internet, and sure enough, it doesn't look like trim/handles are covered.

Has the CPO warranty changed in recent years? Was I mistaken - that it was never bumper to bumper - or has the coverage been reduced? If the warranty has changed, shouldn't the comprehensive warranty in place several years ago continue for me? Warranty changes aren't retroactive.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Escalade door handle not covered? Extended warranty question.

CPO terms have changed, but it doesn't change CPO coverage on vehicles purchased before they made the change.

When dealers replace the same thing on your car multiple times, they sometimes won't cover it because they figure it's abuse. This happened to my sister on her Mazda CX9. Her dogs kept breaking the rear vents. The first two times they fixed them under warranty. On the second, they told her they would not cover it under warranty anymore.

tpetty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 ESV

Well, the handles on these vehicles are pretty well known to be junk. It's not abuse - but if the door is attempted to be opened before unlocked (which the kids do frequently) the entire door handle trim thing can pull out. Never happened to us on another vehicle....EVER... but multiple times on the Escalade.

Does anyone have documentation or a link to what the CPO terms were in fall of 2009?

I am not saying it's abuse. But the dealer may well try to. Have you tried a different dealer? That would be my first, best recommendation.

If you haven't already done so, you might post this in the escalade forum too to see if anyone has had a similar problem. Not many people view the customer care forum.

I am not saying it's abuse. But the dealer may well try to. Have you tried a different dealer? That would be my first, best recommendation.

If you haven't already done so, you might post this in the escalade forum too to see if anyone has had a similar problem. Not many people view the customer care forum.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Tpetty, JimmyH makes a couple of excellent points. Posting in the Escalade forum may yield the prior warranty specific documents you're after. Also, I'm in line with his thinking that taking your Escalade to an alternative dealership would be a great next step to explore.

If you'd like my assistance scheduling an appointment or following up with a dealership for you, please don't hesitate to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpetty
    When we bought our '08 Escalade almost 3 years ago, the dealer told us the certified extended warranty extended the bumper to bumper coverage to 6 years/100k miles. There is a well known problem with door handles on these Escalades -- and we have had 2 or 3 fixed over the last couple years, always done for free. I assumed this was the CPO warranty coverint this.

Another door handle broke the other day, and we took it in to be fixed, and were charged this time. Told warranty doesn't cover this.

I looked at the CPO warranty on the internet, and sure enough, it doesn't look like trim/handles are covered.

Has the CPO warranty changed in recent years? Was I mistaken - that it was never bumper to bumper - or has the coverage been reduced? If the warranty has changed, shouldn't the comprehensive warranty in place several years ago continue for me? Warranty changes aren't retroactive.

Thanks.
    Ddvgfgfyf

Quote Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
    Ddvgfgfyf
    eorituoeiu

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.