Smokes after oil change 2003 cadillac cts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Smokes after oil change 2003 cadillac cts in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Can anyone advice if the dealer is to make itself responsible , just a few hours ago i took the ...
    victor707 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smokes after oil change 2003 cadillac cts

Can anyone advice if the dealer is to make itself responsible , just a few hours ago i took the car for an oil change to the dealer and when i got i back i wasn't even out of the dealer lot when my car started emitting a lot of smoke thru the muffler and it wasn't until i walked back in and they started checking this issue that they mention an oil leak and oil spilled to the spark plugs as a result of a bad oil level reading .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: Smokes after oil change 2003 cadillac cts

Sounds like they overfilled it or forgot to drain the old oil. Should be no harm done.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

victor707, please let us know if you do happen to notice any concerns with your CTS after the dealer handled the spill. As The Tony Show and Rolex indicated, however, you hopefully won't be experiencing any concerns stemming from that.

If you have any further questions, I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    victor707, please let us know if you do happen to notice any concerns with your CTS after the dealer handled the spill. As The Tony Show and Rolex indicated, however, you hopefully won't be experiencing any concerns stemming from that.

If you have any further questions, I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Hello and thank you for your concern,
    Well the issue was in fact the consequence of an overfill of oil which caused spill and the reason of the smoke as they explained it really well in the dealer. Hopefully you can give me some advice, Since the date of the first post that was when I had the oil change, the dealer got me a rental car for which they covered the rental cost for a week wile they replaced numerous gaskets and seals that came out to a total repair cost of $5,136. I got the car back and a the next day the check engine light came on, so I called and followed up an appointment and what the adviser said was that " it was just real crappy that this happened right after all the repairs they had done" well this time it came up to be "fuel solenoid " or some thing like that don't have the receipts on hand right now, this second repair came to $369. Well I picked up the car for the second time and that same day Out of nowhere it turned off in the middle of the street when my girlfriend was driving it home, I couldn't contact my advisor so then the next day that when I personally walked in the dealer and found that the advisor that had been taking care of me no longer worked there, ( when the oil change smoke issue he mentioned it was his first day) the only thing That was left at the stand were he was was a sign saying " office of first and last impressions" going back to the car, I explained everything that had happened to another person there and he said that I would have to get the car towed in for them to be do a diagnosis to see what had happened, I just felt frustrated and went over to the car and it turned on fine with the exception of the check engine light that was back on, I took it home and called the dealer, this time they told me that it was to late in the day ( saturday ) that will have to wait until monday and that if the car didn't start they could get it towed to the dealer and check it out, so yesterday the car did start and I drove it and it left me stuck midway to the dealer, so I had to borrow my dad's car and went to the dealer and now this time the advisor said that they could arrange it to get it towed in but if it came out to be something that they had done wrong They will cover the cost of repairs , but if that was not the case I will have to end up paying for all the repairs plus the cost of the towing, that was yesterday, today I called and they said that when it got towed in they tested it and it turned on fine and still weren't able to point out the problem, I reminded him that the car was running both times that it turned off, he then requested my permission for the technician to test drive it home tonight and well hopefully they have an answer for me today I would really appreciate your advice as far as the how much of responsibility the dealer has on all the ongoing issues with my car.
    Once again thank you for your concern.

Sent from my iPhone

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I appreciate you elaborating on the details, Victor. Thank you! If you have price concerns after speaking with the dealer today, please email me and we can explore your next steps. If need be, I would be happy to set up an official service request (case) for you, which would allow me to communicate with your dealer and work towards a resolution with you.

Best,

Katie

Thank you very much I really do appreciate your support, and I will let you guys now how it turns out , hopefully all good. and I will take your word if needed.

Thank you,
    Victor707

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.