2011 escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, 2011 escalade in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I just purcased a 2011 escalde with 20 miles on it from the dealer. I am the first owner. After ...
    daviddibble is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 xlr 2011 escalade

2011 escalade

I just purcased a 2011 escalde with 20 miles on it from the dealer. I am the first owner. After I purchased the car the salesman went thru the car and showed me a small scratch on the drivers side door and told me because I got such a good deal the dealership would probably not take care of it. I just took the vehicle back to the dealer because there is a small dimple in the hood also that I did not see indirect sunlight but could see at dusk. Any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2011 escalade

Congratulations on your new purchase, Daviddibble! I'm looking forward to your updates, and I'm happy to assist if you have any questions after visiting your dealer. Are you looking for opinions on how to broach the topic of the scratch while you're there?

Don't hesitate to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I got a screaming deal on my 2010 Camaro. I actually almost felt guilty it was so good. When I got home I noticed a small, almost invisible crack in the paint on the front bumper. I decided not to pursue it because I did not want to tempt fate. What goes around comes around. Just sayin.

Poncherello is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by daviddibble View Post
    I just purcased a 2011 escalde with 20 miles on it from the dealer. I am the first owner. After I purchased the car the salesman went thru the car and showed me a small scratch on the drivers side door and told me because I got such a good deal the dealership would probably not take care of it. I just took the vehicle back to the dealer because there is a small dimple in the hood also that I did not see indirect sunlight but could see at dusk. Any suggestions.
    I just bought a 2010 Escalade ESV that has a deep scratch the length of the driver's door. The salesman said that because I beat him up so much on the price that they wouldn't fix it. I said ok no problem, give me my $500 deposit back and I'll go elsewhere. Needless to say they are painting the entire door and also replacing the two rear tires because I didn't like how the outsides wore from being on the front.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

If I'm shopping for a new vehicle and it's dented or scratched and the sales manager tells me they won't fix it because they're giving me a smokin' deal, I would just take my business elsewhere.

Maybe I'm alone in my opinion, but if you take delivery of a scratched/dented vehicle you don't have any recourse. Once you get it home and notice "more damage," the dealership has plausible deniability because the damage could've occurred under your possession. If you didn't notice the damage before you bought, it's possible that the dealer didn't notice it either. It's not their liability in my opinion.

Inspect the vehicle, test drive it, and have anything you're not satisfied with addressed before you drive it off the lot. I won't drive a vehicle home with a handful of promises to fix things.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.