2005 SRX Timing Chain - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, 2005 SRX Timing Chain in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Originally Posted by jcd7007 I own a 2005 Cadillac SRX which has been a WONDERFUL car and my first Cadillac ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2005 SRX Timing Chain

Quote Originally Posted by jcd7007 View Post
    I own a 2005 Cadillac SRX which has been a WONDERFUL car and my first Cadillac ever! My car now has just under 62,000 miles and is 8 years old. I have 1 major complaint about the need for a timing chain on this car. While a friend made mention of how "noisy" the engine had become, I frankly did not hear it running from inside the car with the windows up and music playing. Finally, when I did have need to take the car to the dealer, I was informed that the timing chain repair would be about $2,500 to $3,000 dollars. I've owned many cars in my life and always buy them new. In my 50 years of buying cars, I have NEVER had to have a timing chain replaced! My car is serviced regularly and I use only Mobil 1 oil so I don't understand why Cadillac has not told everyone that they have extended their warranty to cover the replacement of timing chains on engines that are requiring it? I mean, with such low miles......I think my visit to the dealership was when the car was about 6 years old and has just under 50,000 miles! Will Cadillac do anything for me? I previously had a Mercedes before buying my first Cadillac. No timing chain problems with my Mercedes or any other vehicles like that over my lifetime! I should have contacted Cadillac earlier but with the company going through bankruptcy, I thought it was out of the question to think they might actually "step-up" and do the right thing. After Obama got done stripping the company of any shareholder equity, I thought you had to be a UAW member to get any decent treatment. Am I asking for too much or how can I be convinced to continue to be a Cadillac customer? Thanks.
    Hello jcd7007,

I apologize for the timing chain issue you are experiencing. I want to do additional research on your behalf. Please private message me with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealership you have worked with.

Thanks,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

zapiecsw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Still waiting!

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Told ya!
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    If you expected them to do something you're off your rocker. Short of calling a dealer for you and wasting your time getting your hopes up they are useless.

buckimike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS
    If you expected them to do something you're off your rocker. Short of calling a dealer for you and wasting your time getting your hopes up they are useless.
    Yeah, starting to see and realize that the Cadillac "customer care" people are glorified appointment setters, nothing else.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The problem has been aired and discussed. Thread closed.

buckimike, In order to form that opinion you must have done a fearsome amount of study in these forums since your join date of 12/22/13 late PM.

Your sunroof drain leak question in another member's thread in SRX and the reply from CCC merely says that IF you want dealership help, CCC would pitch in. Nothing more. They followed the drain question for another member, then you chimed in.

CCC is used for dealership interaction and warranty resolution problems - they have nothing to do with vehicle maintenance and repairs as such.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.