Cadillac Warranty not valid on second repair?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Cadillac Warranty not valid on second repair? in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; About a year ago I his ash tray was replaced at which time the wood bezel which surrounds it was ...
    1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Cadillac Warranty not valid on second repair?

About a year ago I his ash tray was replaced at which time the wood bezel which surrounds it was also noted to be cracked so it was ordered as well. His car was CPO so it was all covered under that.

The CPO ran out on his car but he was still under the 1 year 12k mile parts warranty and we again noted that the radio and hvac bezel was again cracked. We took it to our dealer they noted it but said there was nothing they could do. When we inquired about the part cost we were informed it was nearly 700 dollars installed. It takes 5 minutes to install it, its in-fact the parts cost which is so high.

We contacted GM customer assistance and after a few weeks we essentially have gotten no where on it. They bumped it up to some regional rep who when he stated this doesn’t seem right that a warranty is stated and not actually backed that if this is how the brand is going to be his next car would be else where she replied this isn't her problem. I found that rather rude when he informed me. He’s pretty much come to live with it and decided that since GM cannot stand behind this simple repair which in all honest should of been under warranty he has now decided he’s going to attempt to look at a different manufacture for a 2nd toy car he is looking at.

I asked him to hold off and thought I would attempt to reach out here to see if in-fact you could help.

The car was always serviced at Baierl Cadillac in Wexford PA.

Its VIN is 1G6DC67A370159778 and was taken in on 12/23/11 for the 2nd time for repair and was denied (the car at the time had 47565 miles still under mileage warranty but out of in service date so the 4/50 bumper to bumper was out CPO still applied but again the bezel had already been replaced once)

If some resolution on this could be met I would appreciate it. We currently have 6 cars in our house hold 5 of which are Cadillac’s the 6th is a Chevy, I can provide all their VINs if needed to show how loyal we have been to the brand throughout the years.

Thank you very much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Cadillac Warranty not valid on second repair?

Cadillac Customer Assistance?

It's an absolute shame I could not even be provided a valid reason why and after so many cars purchased throughout the years nothing could be done. On a dealer level and on the actual equipment level the brand is outstanding however the corporate level has just lost itself a loyal 4 person family who purchased a Cadillac every other year.

Yesterday he purchased an Audi a7 and the car is amazing hopefully they will stand by their product.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

How did the bezel get cracked?

How did the 1st on crack. Dunno. Cars never had any work other than warranty replacement stuff.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

1BadCadSTS, this thread just came to my attention today and I'm so sorry to hear about your experience! If you have already interacted with our Customer Assistance team, I would be happy to investigate the details for you and explore your options and possible next steps. Please send me a private message at your convenience with the case/service request number associated with your concern.

Looking forward to working with you,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Pm sent.

Any news on this?

Still nothing

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Stonewall?
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

itscody is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS
    M.i.a

Yup no resolution what so ever. Sad to say the least I wasn't even respected with a go pound salt response. Shame loyalty gets you no where.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    I'm pretty sure CPO doesn't cover trim. It's not like bumper to bumper. Its very close but not exactly the same warranty. So I'm not surprised your claim was denied.

Edit. It's not covered.

http://www.longcadillac.com/Cadillac...enefits_FN.pdf

This is what cpo gets you.

It is covered under the parts warranty. It cracked they replaced it. While under the 12mth 12k parts warranty written on the work order it cracked again. That's what the problem is.

Still nothing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.