2012 CTS Exhaust sound
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Insp4
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, 2012 CTS Exhaust sound in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I bought a new 2012 CTS. When I get on it a little bit just before it shifts gears it ...
    cadman1956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS AWD 3.0L V6

2012 CTS Exhaust sound

I bought a new 2012 CTS. When I get on it a little bit just before it shifts gears it makes a sound that sounds like all the baffles in the muffler or cat is going to fall out. I took it my dealer and they hear it also. They took another 2012 CTS and it does the same thing.
    I got a case number from GM (71-1061884386). They tell me there is mothing they can do. I have had 5-6 people tell me that the car sounds like it is falling apart when I step on it. The dealer hears, GM knows about it and will not do anything. What do I need to do to get some results. I did not buy a new $45,000.00 car to have something that sounds like sh**. I am not bad mouthing the dealer, they have done everything they can at this time.
    Anybody else have this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: 2012 CTS Exhaust sound

I would try a different dealer

Its not the dealer its GM that is not willing to do anything. The dealer would replace everything if Gm would allow them.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I understand that. But they might not be telling the truth. Or if they are, another dealer might have better luck. It's worth a try.

Insp4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville Concours
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    I understand that. But they might not be telling the truth. Or if they are, another dealer might have better luck. It's worth a try.
    Jimmy did you personaly talk to the Gm rep?
    If not, do so. If he knows about it, and well do nothing, tell him you can always take your case to the local media. See if that get's a response. Good luck!
    cadman1956 and cadman1956 like this.

Yes I did talk to a GM rep. I told them if they did not fix it I would be posting this on every Cadillac site I can find. So far thats 45 sites

Surfstix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium & 2008 SRX4

Call the Better Business Bureau have them contact the dealer.if your really PO'ed grab the local news,these car makers have to be put in their place especially since we paid to keep GM in business.My friend purchased a brand new Silverado a couple of years ago,a month after he purchased it the frame started rusting horribly my 06 was in better shape and I drive on the beach.He went through the whole GM ladder all they wanted to do is take the cab and bed off and spray some rust inhibitor on his truck I told him your crazy that thing will never go back together right.He pursued it and eventually got a new truck.I'm so fed up with my 09 CTS they scatter when I walk in there the bad thing is I like the car but on the other hand it would be nice to be in my driveway once in awhile.They are starting to work with me but I have the option of rolling the dice with this one or they want to put me in a lease which I am not fond of the idea,but with the lease I can give it back to them. I will lose my 3.6 so that would be a consideration why a smaller motor in a 4,000 lb. car brilliant it is not even a fuel saver.OH Well worked my butt off my whole life to own a luxury car now I'm 2nd. guessing that.

Currently I'm playing the waiting game to hear what they come up with. I took the GM rep out for a ride and he confirms that this is the same noise that all 2012 3.0 and 3.6 AWD CTS's have.
    They are supposdly having a field engineer look into it. It is really dissappointing, this is the most expensive car I have ever bought and it is the only car that I have had people come up to me and tell me that it sounds like it is falling apart and asking me what is wrong with it.

Surfstix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium & 2008 SRX4

I feel for you I know what you are going through so I guess I won't want that lease option they are offering me my 09 is pretty quiet unless you really need to get into it, my wifes SRX has a funky exhaust sound.They better step up the game the Europeans are still ahead of us.Good Looking&handling cars but the base model doesn't offer much even compared to a new loaded Hyundai sports car and now a smaller motor. I think they should seriously consider working on the 2 top versions for the working class with all their issues the $$$$ people are going elsewhere leaving Cadillac as the struggling car it was years ago.

Thought I would give you an update,
    Cadillac told me that the noise is inherient in all 2012 CTS's with any 6 cylinder. They will not fix it.They did send me a check for approx. $1,500.00 so I could take it to someone else and have it fixed. Trouble is there is not anyone who will touch it and guarantee that the noise will be gone at that price.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Can you post a video of the noise from your own CTS. Or find a video on youtube that sounds like it and post it here.

I might have an idea though.

Check this video out on the XLR on Top Gear. Skip to the 3:00 minute mark and he'll explain what I am thinking about...

I know on my 2006 2.8Liter. There is a device in the upper intake that separates the left and right side air inside the intake. I can hear it kick in and out while I am on the pedal. It all depends on what speed I am at, how far my foot is down and other things.

I wish I could post a picture of it, but I don't have a clue where to find one. And of course I didn't take pictures of its when I had mine off.

KOT

scottpip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon

You should have spent anouther 20K on a V, they sound GREAT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.