Is this normal?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Is this normal? in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I've always owned GM vehicles, but my 08 DTS is my first " certified " used car. Part of the ...
    cjcarlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 DTS 1SE

Is this normal?

I've always owned GM vehicles, but my 08 DTS is my first " certified " used car. Part of the reason I bought it was the fact that I would get a loaner if my car had to go in for service. I bought it in July and brought it back in August for some warranty work and a coolant flush. I went to the service dept, told the advisor what I wanted, he said I'll call you in a couple of days when I have a loaner, and that's about what it took. No problem, very satisfied. OK, so a few months later, I've got a list of things I want fixed but can't even get the car looked at because they don't have loaner available. The first time I stopped by to talk to them about it was Feb 3rd. My advisor wasn't there and one of the other ones took my info and said I'll call you. He did on the 7th to let me know no loaners available, I'll call you. The next time I talked with him was March 2nd when I called him. He promised that he had not forgotten me, was still waiting for a loaner and by the way what kind of car do you have again and what's wrong with it, I'll call you. Well on the 15th of March I went to the dealership, saw my advisor, told him the story and he took my number and said I'll call you. Well here it is April the 5th and still no call. I worked in Parts in dealerships for 27 years. None of the dealers I worked for used loaners unless it was the salesmans demo for a really good customer or someones uncle, etc so I'm not familiar with wait times for a loaner but I'm pretty sure that 9 weeks is not normal wait time. Even if you reset the clock when I got my advisor involved we're still talking about 3 weeks time. I'm really upset about this and the problems with the car seem to bother me more everyday. I paid a lot for this car wand I want it fixed. If your dealer uses loaners, what's the longest you've had to wait to get one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Is this normal?

cjcarlin, I'm extremely sorry to hear about your loaner car frustrations! I'm more than happy to look into this matter further for you; simply send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with your name, VIN, and dealership and I can investigate.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Is this normal?

You need a different dealer. If they don't have loaners on the lot, they should get you one from enterprise. None of the dealers I have been to in the last few years even have loaners anymore. They just get them from enterprise/hertz etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.