Mis instalation of custom air filter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Mis instalation of custom air filter in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Hey there, I have a Cadillac Escalade EXT 2009, I have replaced the filter and exhaust with Volant Air Filter ...
    The_Godfather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT 2009

Mis instalation of custom air filter

Hey there,

I have a Cadillac Escalade EXT 2009, I have replaced the filter and exhaust with Volant Air Filter & Corsa Kit-Back exhaust. This was done when my can made 5000 KM, now when it reached 70000 KM I got the check engine warning light, I took it to the dealer and they told me that the engine is misfiring due to the mis-installation of the air filter. They have replaced the solenoid and the sensor and reinstalled the filter. After taking the car back from them I noticed big amount of black smoke coming from the exhaust and when I fully accelerate the check engine light started flashing and the stabilitrack was disabled. When I took the car to them the second time, they said that the car is fine and the light is coming on due to computer memory. They simply deleted it from the computer memory and gave me the car back. Today I tested the car with full acceleration up to 180 km/h and I got the same warnings and the light flashed and now it's staying on.

Please advice on possible solutions.

My dealer is Liberty Autos
    Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glover is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Well typically if an air filter was not installed correctly it could run lean but misfires would be a stretch. If the ck eng light flashes its a catalyst damaging misfire-not a good thing. And the stability light is on because of the ck eng light. The only other possibility i can think of is that if the aftermarket air filter is oiled like a k& n filter and was over oiled it can skew the maf sensor n run like crap

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.