Service air bag, after recall was done.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Service air bag, after recall was done. in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Have a 2006 CTS that had the passenger sense replaced under the recall. The service was done in June, July ...
    Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Have a 2006 CTS that had the passenger sense replaced under the recall. The service was done in June, July of 2011. The service air bag light comes on nearly all the time at about 80 to 85 mph when WOT. At first I thought it was from a previous accident, where air bags did not deploy. I had a good friend at a shop scan for other issues, misfires, and saw that the passenger sense has thrown a code. This was before the recall was done, a couple weeks or so. Had the schedule at the dealer to have it worked on.

It was worked on, not entirely sure what exactly was done. Except for the fact the passenger seat's cover isn't in place perfectly fine. When I have the purge valve solenoid replaced on December 20, 2011 under the special policy T5740. They had scanned the car. B0092, passenger sensor was in history. The service rep said its possible that it wasn't cleared the first time, meaning back when the pass sensor was replaced. But they told me it was cleared this time.

The air bag light came on again last night. So I called the dealer and made an appointment for the 10th.

My questions are, why is this even an issue? Why can I make the air bag light turn on every time I WOT to 80, 85 mph? No matter what the start of speed was. Should I even pay for this new, or old, repair? If the dealer incest for payment, what can be done?

Thank you,

KOT

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Service air bag, after recall was done.

Why are you posting this here? Cust Svc can really only start or escalate incidents. They can't diagnose your car.

I just threw that part in just in case this issue has been brought up by someone else. My main concern is what should I do if the dealer wants to charge me.

KOT

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Service air bag, after recall was done.

Hello! Please keep me updated as to what the dealer says and does when you go to your appointment on the 10th. If you would like, in the mean time, you can send me your VIN so I can do some background research.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

At the dealer right now. Unfortunately the code is for the front impact sensor. I say it's unfortunate because of the $98 diagnostic charge. I'm all fine and dandy with such a charge if every dealer did the same process. Meaning some other Cadillac dealer would do a quick cleaning, vacuum. Others will just scan and be done with it.

Just my two cents.

Oh, my brother has seen this code before too. So it's nothing new to me.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.