Steering wheel replaced / Now it is off-center
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Steering wheel replaced / Now it is off-center in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Hi: I just had my steering wheel replaced today under warranty due to a faulty heater. When I got the ...
    SRXJames is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008_SRX_V6_AWD_Sport Pkg.

Steering wheel replaced / Now it is off-center

Hi:

I just had my steering wheel replaced today under warranty due to a faulty heater. When I got the car back the wheel was not centered so I returned to the dealer and requested an adjustment. I was told that today's wheels are not adjustable like those of old (I also read that here in the forum).

I was told that it probably needs an alignment. How then was the old steering wheel perfectly aligned and the new one is not if the wheel can only go on one way?

Should I bring it back again?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Steering wheel replaced / Now it is off-center

I would try a different dealer. When I had my CTS4, there was a center dead spot in the steering wheel. I took it to the dealer and they of course said "that's normal."
    so I went to a different dealer and without hesitation they ordered a new propeller shaft. got the car back a day later and it was perfect.

thanks. I brought it back to the same dealer today. They have the car overnight. I honestly think it is the wrong steering wheel. The appearance is the same with the exception of very different type of leather surface.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I am betting they just mounted it wrong. Other than being off center, does the car steer normally and hold a straight line?

They removed and reinstalled today and I am about to pick it up, but they say that it is still off-center. The car tracks straight and steers normally.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

SRXJames,
    I would take the vehicle to a different dealer in your area to see what they have to say. This does not seem right to me. If you need help locating or contacting another dealer in your area just let me know.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.