Cadillac Customer Care - PLEASE HELP. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Cadillac Customer Care - PLEASE HELP. in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I also say buy a cover for it if u don't want to tape the roof....
    bigtone1013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade
    I also say buy a cover for it if u don't want to tape the roof.

DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

Re: Cadillac Customer Care - PLEASE HELP.

Ah well, it seems GM doesn't see this is as especially unique enough to fix, which is kind of disheartening in itself if you think about it.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by DaPurpleRT View Post
    Ah well, it seems GM doesn't see this is as especially unique enough to fix, which is kind of disheartening in itself if you think about it.
    seems more like it's too unique - probably less than 1% of these cars have this problem ... you're out of warranty and your dealer isn't willing to help out
    i'm sorry for your situation but that's just the reality of it... so lets get moving forward and fix this once and for all, okay?

i just went back and read your initial water leak thread started back in november ... lots of good info there ...
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ard-still.html

did you ever get a wire to come out the bottom of the right front drain?

also did you figure out if it's a clogged drain or a disconnected drain hose?
    (if i had to guess i would say disconnected drain hose)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I've got most all the pictures, videos, notes, recording, messages, etc to do my write up to post to various locations online and elsewhere so I am pretty ready to fix it.... IF the dealer will ever take it in and check it even o tell me what is wrong. I too suspect a disconnected line.... Also, if it was incredibly abnormal it seems Cadillac would chalk it up to a manufacturing flaw and fix it ASAP. Also could you elaborate on where you got your <1% figure? Looking through the numerous threads on hi site and judging by messages sent to me that number is not even close.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

in the thread that you started (the one I linked in my last post) WillK mentions the 1% number - he is a sunroof engineer for GM so I'm going to have to take him at his word
    Quote Originally Posted by WillK View Post
    It only takes one case well broadcasted to create the impression that it happens on many cars, but my information tells me that this has happenned on far less than 1% of vehicles.
    and if you don't take him at his word, because he works for GM he might be biased...
    but it also makes sense if you do the math (we'll guess a bit here but play along)

how many CTS's have they sold since the 2008 re-design? roughly 200,000
    then what percentage has sunroofs? (50%? i would guess this might actually be higher than 50%)
    then of those how many would it take to make this a 1% problem? 1,000

1000 - that's a lot of people
    and i'd be willing to bet that you couldn't find 100 forum members who've had the same problem as you
    and the forum skews towards people who have problems (not nearly as many people seek out the forum to report that their car is working just fine)

so "far less than 1%" seems to me like a very plausible and possible number

i suggest you go back and re-read that thread for a refresher on fix ideas (especially WillK's posts - he's a sunroof engineer, remember?)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I've tried cleaning the lines which is the only easily checked at home fix.

Do these cars have a prevalent trunk leak issue as well? A coworker saw me go to mine Friday and after asking if it was mine I said yes but explained my horrendous issue and disatisfaction. Turns out he and his wife havew a '10 AWD and is similarly disgruntled as they faced a fairly severe trunk leak that GM again seemingly didn't want to fix until he fought with them.

Do the trunks leak too?

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

Quote Originally Posted by loosend View Post
    I have been having some of the same issues with leaks in multiple places as DAPurple has but mine is luckily still covered under the Certified Warranty.
    Correction---I meant to say "Bumper to Bumper" Warranty. Once that expires in May 2012, the Certified Warranty kicks in for two extra years but is basically a powertrain warranty that covers electrical components as well. Trim items are excluded plus any trunk, interior, or sunroof leaks that occur will no longer be covered. I cringe every time it rains but enjoy driving the car in the rain as it handles really well eventhough it is only RWD. Excellent chassis on this beast but poor body design.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by DaPurpleRT View Post
    Do these cars have a prevalent trunk leak issue as well? Do the trunks leak too?
    Mine had multiple trunk leaks but I think this seems to be more an assembly problem. I really think some employees were very upset with GM when they were putting these together so they were careless (built when a bankruptcy was looming) so some have issues and some do not depending who did the assembly. As I wrote in the other threads, watch the tail light areas, plastic tag mounts in the trunk lid can leak, the third brake light in the lid leaked and needed a silicone type sealant, make sure the rear drain hoses from the sunroof are attached to the grommets on both sides and not leaking into the trunk, and make sure the rubber trunk lid seal is on tight. Oh and they also put a sealant on the driver side white tab that holds the bumper assy to the trunk. This can be seen behind the side panels under where the tail lights are. The dealer missed this leak and I found it after a rain and had them fix it.

loosend, I love mine in the rain (minus the horrible bog pulling out which should be fixed if I ever get my ECU reprogram. I was also impressed with my AWD in the bit of snow we've gotten too.

Just cringed/frustrated when it precipitates due to the leaks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.