Cadillac Customer Care - PLEASE HELP. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Cadillac Customer Care - PLEASE HELP. in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Hey all. Hope your Christmas went well. Mine was good minus a few incidents with the car. First was when ...
    DaPurpleRT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 (Quality & Reliability Nightmare)

Re: Cadillac Customer Care - PLEASE HELP.

Hey all. Hope your Christmas went well. Mine was good minus a few incidents with the car. First was when I had a visitor from one of our corporate headquarters in Cnicago visiting I needed to take to lunch, we had to take his rental as it had rained in the last couple of days and the car was not suitable to ride in. He had admired the car up to that point but I and to spend lunch explaining to him the issue and the service I received. Needless to say though there is no Caddy his pay grade would put off limits (in multiples), he will not be considering any despite my insistence that otherwise it was a great car..

Then yesterday my wife's Grandma came over for an after Christmas dinner out but we had to take her Corolla as it was raining and my passenger floorboard had standing water and the car was very odorous. Did get some great pictures for the collection I'm compiling, but was still quite an embarrassment to own this car...

What I am posting about though is to see what the average price charged to fix this is. The dealer still can't get me in to fix it (they've yet to do the reprogram I took it in for in early November, they claim they are waiting for parts to do it...), but amusingly the tech at the desk said it is probably a drain line ( or 2 in my case) that has come loose because they have to fix them "ALL THE TIME". They say that this costs a couple hundred to fix this. Does that sound right?

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Drain line would be your cheapest fix and it would really be sad if it turned out that was it since the car has probably sustained a lot of damage since then due to the water

BUT... there is no telling how much other damage has been sustained until it can be disassembled - especially since you say the electronics act weird

you probably need at least a new carpet (or carpet section depending on how it's sold and how much damage there was)
    it's possible that the carpet is salvageable and doesn't need replacing but all of these decisions can only be made by whoever is going to repair it (together with you)

it's a real shame that you couldn't figure out a way to keep it from flooding every time it rained since each time it got wet your repair price probably increased

sorry for your troubles and good luck with the repair

ps: have you tried other GM dealers in your area that aren't cadillac branded? it doesn't sound like the dealer you have been working with wants to work on your car
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

So after working 10 hours yesterday with some light rain having come through, I had the normal wet floorboards, but also I was physically getting water falling one me as if I was still outside... These pictures speak for themselves. Heavy rain coming tomorrow. Hoping to get a few more good pictures before I start my campaign with these. If Cadillac really considers this occurring to be "normal" and "expected maintenance" at 2 years/50k miles on their top tier cars, they will definitely have to justify and stand by their words soon....
    Attached Images

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

what makes you think that anyone would consider this "normal" and "expected" ??

there's obviously a problem with the sunroof drain and/or seals

why it's taking you so long to fix is beyond me - you're just damaging the car further every time it rains

at least get some tape or something over the sunroof cracks or something

at this point it if I was you I would look into getting my insurance to cover this
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I have to admit, it's pretty bad that this is happening on a 2 year old car. Even if it is out of warranty, it would behoov cadillac to take care of this.

Yes, I honestly can't believe they are allowing this to go unfixed plus apologizing to me....

I am still trying to get the dealer to take it in and even quote the fix for me...

I say Cadillac and GM consider it normal because the district rep told me it was an out of warranty maintenance issue, hence they don't see any reason to cover this normal maintenance issue.... It's unbelievable...

Sorry, I really don't have the time (okay, I just don't want to ) to reread this thread. What are they saying is the "normal maintenance"?

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Sorry, I really don't have the time (okay, I just don't want to ) to reread this thread. What are they saying is the "normal maintenance"?
    I have been having some of the same issues with leaks in multiple places as DAPurple has but mine is luckily still covered under the Certified Warranty. I was told that keeping the drain hoses cleared is considered normal maintenance but all of the fixes done to mine were manufacturing or build defects for hoses that came loose from the fittings and leaks from a poorly sealed sunroof plenum. There were about four separate leaks in the trunk as well and I have had two leaks related to the HVAC system: a blocked drain line for some reason and three months later, both air intakes were taking on water and had to be sealed at the base of the windsheild. I understand DAPurple's frustration as my car smells also and I have been waiting for one of the front rugs to come in since September due to back order so they can replace the set and get rid of the odor. It is the possible future issues with electronic components after the warranty is over that has me scared and how they treat me now will determine if I buy another GM product in the future. I am trying to give them a chance and I love the car.

Yes, the dealer told me they wouldn't do a thing for a sunroof. They sent me a letter wanting me to buy an extended warranty through them for about $4000 for another 4xk miles. I called and aksed if they covered the moonroof. Answer was no way, now how.

Cadillac Corporate told me basically anything after 50k isn't their concern or responsibility. To me, that means they consider that when major issues shoudl start occuring which is HORRIBLE. Beyond that, as you've said they are defects caused BY Cadillac, and ones that they and their dealers are knowlefgeable of. Mine are causing me safety issues as well and they still feel it's better to deny fixing their own mistakes.

I am in the same boat as you about GMs and loving the car. As of now though, I will steer WELL clear of them and advise all I come in contact with to do the same. My friend was looking at Malibus but I made sure to steer him away. He has since purchased a new Kia Optima and loves it.

Cadillac, where are you???

If cleaning the drain hoses for the sunroof is something that is supposed to be maintained, then I am never again buying a car with a sunroof. Then again, I always try to find cars without sunroofs anyway. On performance cars though, they are hard to find.

I cleaned the hoses myself.... If only it were that simple. Cadillac won't even acknowledge me now... I guess the customer is always wrong, not to mention totally important to GM..... Sad day for a once great American company, and I say that working for a larger American company that is still great because it puts customers FIRST....

Also, for those who think I'm just "complaining" too much over a 2 year old car flooding, here are some things I have mostly looked over because I like the car:

-Console creaks
    -I was actually startled by the moonroof howl at 70 the first time I heard it. Sounds like ghosts flying by.
    -Front left wheel doesn't hold air well. Car has no vibration. I saw there is a TSB on this model for wheels not holding air well
    -Headlights have a bit of shake.as others have noted on here.
    -The miss that it's had since I've got it despite two visits to the dealership for the issue.
    -A stereo/NAV system that has frozen and needed restarting twice.
    -Other glitches here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPurpleRT View Post
    -Console creaks
    I have had interior creaks and noises on every car I have ever owned. Cars are dynamic machines. Things are going to shift. I have learned to live with it.

-I was actually startled by the moonroof howl at 70 the first time I heard it. Sounds like ghosts flying by.
    I have had noises on other cars with sunroofs I have owned. I think it is something you are just going to have to live with. One of the many reasons I dislike sunroofs.

-Front left wheel doesn't hold air well. Car has no vibration. I saw there is a TSB on this model for wheels not holding air well
    Tire simply needs to be unmounted and remounted on the wheel. That will fix it.

-Headlights have a bit of shake.as others have noted on here.
    Xenon lights? All xenon lights have this. It's in the nature of HID lighting. There are what's called "halides" suspended in the gas, and they "quiver".

-The miss that it's had since I've got it despite two visits to the dealership for the issue.
    Engine miss? That's unacceptable. The should fix that.

-A stereo/NAV system that has frozen and needed restarting twice.
    Should have been replaced, but I think you are out of luck on that one.

Oh yeah Jimmy, that was a list of things I'd LIKE fixed, but I am not going to campagin about them like the leaking and could live with (aside from the miss the dealer has been in the process of fixing for 2 months (see my Moonroof through in the CTS forum for details on that).

They were kind of just pointing out to some people I am not complaining for the sake of complaining. I truly believe this one particular fault is absolutely unacceptable while other minor ones may be (though to some more picky than I they wouldn't be).

bigtone1013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade
    I agree totally with you regardless of warranty or miles a two year old car moonroof should not be leaking that much or at all. They should take care of it. I bought my 07 Escalade from a VW dealership and had some issues with it regardless of miles and no warranty and I had owned the SUV for two months at the time the VW dealership fixed the issues at zero cost to me and gave me a loaner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.