Question about 2012 CTS Coupe wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Question about 2012 CTS Coupe wheels in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Perhaps a Cadillac Customer Service rep can either reply or direct this request to the appropriate product planners: The CTS ...
    Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Question about 2012 CTS Coupe wheels

Perhaps a Cadillac Customer Service rep can either reply or direct this request to the appropriate product planners:

The CTS Sedan and CTS-4 Sedan offer the optional 19" wheels (with the attractively styled "spider" spoke design) as option RT9 [Here is an excerpt of the Product Ordering Guide--
    "Wheels, 19" x 8.5" (48.3 cm x 21.6 cm) polished aluminum
    1 - Included and only available in (Y43) 19" Summer Tire Performance Package (Model 6DP69), or (FE5) 19" All-Season Tire Package (Models 6DP69 or 6DH69).
    2 - Included and only available in (Y43) 19" Summer Tire Performance Package (Model 6DP69), (FE5) 19" All-Season Tire Package (Models 6DP69 or 6DH69) or (WBL) CTS Touring Package."]

The CTS Coupes require ordering the Y43 option to get the 19" wheels (with the attractively styled "spider" spoke design) [Here is the excerpt from the Product Ordering Guide--
    Performance Package, 19" (48.3 cm) Summer Tire, includes (KB7) steering wheel mounted paddle shift controls, (RUU) 19" x 8.5" (48.3 cm x 21.6 cm) front, 19" x 9.5" (48.3 cm x 24.1 cm) rear polished wheels, (QIV) P245/45ZR front and P275/40ZR19 rear Y-rated performance summer tires, (V03) performance cooling system, (FE3) performance suspension and (J55) performance brake system
    1 - Also included in (WBL) CTS Touring Package]

In either model, ordering the CTS Touring Package includes the attractive 19" wheels, too. However, the Coupes are limited to the Summer Tires only--the Sedans can select the All-Season tires.

I would like to order a CTS Coupe with those 19" wheels and either "All-Season Tires" or with "All Wheel Drive" since I live in a climate with winter driving conditions. Unfortunately, this can not be accomplished as offered from the factory. I would forego the "All-Wheel Drive" feature if the "All-Season" tires were even available. Is this a supplier issue, or is Cadillac planning to address the customers with similar desires? I simply find the CTS Coupe with the 18" wheels very unattractive, whether with the All-Wheel Drive feature or not. Of course, the 18" wheels come as "All-Season" tires, which I prefer because those have served me well year-round in my 2008 CTS-4 Sedan, and I have not needed to change wheels and tires seasonally.

Also, a second question concerns whether Cadillac is planning to release more "special editions" such as the "Hot Lava" edition of the 2008 CTS and the recent "Black Diamond" CTS's (with Black wheels)? It is great to have available a few limited production CTS's with special colors, in my opinion.

Thank you any information relative to these topics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Question about 2012 CTS Coupe wheels

I am copying this to CTS, as I think you will get answers there.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Question about 2012 CTS Coupe wheels

Loveldos,
    I have taken notes of your requests and will make sure that they get to the correct department. Anymore ideas, just send them my way.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.