2010 Cadillac SRX seats cushions vs 2012 Cadillac SRX seat cushions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, 2010 Cadillac SRX seats cushions vs 2012 Cadillac SRX seat cushions in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I just purchased a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury edition and prior had a 2010 Cadillac SRX Turbo Performance edition. The ...
    macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

2010 Cadillac SRX seats cushions vs 2012 Cadillac SRX seat cushions

I just purchased a 2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury edition and prior had a 2010 Cadillac SRX Turbo Performance edition. The seats are identical in appearance, however, the seat feels much firmer which can be 100% associated to the cushion or padding inside the seat. My selling dealership also noticed the difference when comparing a 2012 SRX to his wifes 2010 SRX. With that in mind, can I have the cushions be replaced with the one's that came in the 2010 model? Is cadillac aware that this change took place in 2012? This would obviously only be noticed by someone who owned a prior model and this should have been disclosed when the "Whats New for 2012" was released for the SRX. Seats are the most important factor when buying a car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: 2010 Cadillac SRX seats cushions vs 2012 Cadillac SRX seat cushions

Does your new one have cooled seats? It seems to be that cooled seats are much firmer than non-cooled seats.

macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

No...Only heated...It's the luxury version.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Macklobell,
    Have you talked to your dealership about the options that may be available for your vehicle? They will be able to help you figure out what the next step that you should take should be. Let us know what you find out.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

As a dealer, I've heard this complaint many times over the years on various different models. A lot of folks would swear that the seats in the 2008 DTS are firmer than their 2006, or firmer in the 2010 Escalade versus their 2007. In the end, I think it comes down to the fact that the seats in your 2010 were already "broken in" by 2 years of sitting on them, whereas the new seat foam is still brand new and firm.

There's always a possibility that the padding material has been changed between '10 and '12, so out of curiosity I just went and sat in, poked and prodded the seat in a brand new 2011, then compared it to a 2012- they felt identical.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.