First Waxing on 2012 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, First Waxing on 2012 SRX in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I took delivery on my 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat SRX Premium last week. My question is how long should I ...
    duke11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red SRX Premium

First Waxing on 2012 SRX

I took delivery on my 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat SRX Premium last week. My question is how long should I wait to apply the first coat of wax. Does Cadillac have a recommended time frame to apply first coat of wax. Also does Cadillac recommend a wax or polish for the crystal red tintcoat? Any information will be most helpful!

Duke11

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: First Waxing on 2012 SRX

nevermind.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Duke11,

Finish Care:
    Application of aftermarket clearcoat sealant/wax materials is not recommended. If painted surfaces are damaged, see your dealer to have the damage assessed and repaired. Foreign materials such ascalcium chloride and other salts, ice melting agents, road oil and tar, tree sap, bird droppings, chemicals from industrial chimneys, etc., can damage the vehicle's finish if they remain on painted surfaces. Wash the vehicle as soon as possible. If necessary, use non-abrasive cleaners that are marked safe for painted surfaces to remove foreign matter. polishing should be done to remove residue from the paint finish. See your dealer for approved cleaning products.
    Notice: Machine compounding or aggressive polishing on a basecoat/clearcoat paint finish may damage it. Use only non-abrasive waxes and polishes that are made for a basecoat/ clearcoat paint finish on the vehicle.
    To keep the paint finish looking new, keep the vehicle garaged or covered whenever possible.
    Protecting Exterior Bright Metal Parts
    Regularly clean bright metal parts with water or chrome polish on chrome or stainless steel trim, if necessary. For aluminum, never use auto or chrome polish, steam, or caustic soap to clean. A coating of wax, rubbed to a high polish, is recommended for all bright metal parts.

This information can also be found on page 10-96 of your owners manual. I hope this helps.

Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Hi Duke,

Part of the delivery process at your dealership should have included waxing the car, most likely with a liquid or paste wax. It takes about a month from the time of assembly for cars to reach us, so the paint has already had time to cure. There's no need to wait to apply your preferred wax.

As far as wax vs polish, anything with the word polish on the label will contain a mild abrasive, and should only be used if you're trying to remove scratches or swirl marks with an orbital buffer. For protection, just use the regular wax of your choice (Mothers, Meguiars, Griots, etc).
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    ...As far as wax vs polish, anything with the word polish on the label will contain a mild abrasive, and should only be used if you're trying to remove scratches or swirl marks with an orbital buffer. For protection, just use the regular wax of your choice (Mothers, Meguiars, Griots, etc).
    Well, not exactly. Among car detailing aficionados, professionals and amateurs alike, one of the most highly-recommended products is "Zaino Z-2 PRO Polymer Polish For Clear Coated Finishes" which contains UV protection and absolutely no abrasives. A double application of Zaino every six months keeps my 4-year-old CTS looking better than new. I would never recommend or apply natural "wax" to my car; for me, it's non-abrasive long-lasting synthetic polymer "polish" only.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.