my cts 2008 wont start. abs light came on.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, my cts 2008 wont start. abs light came on. in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; around three weeks ago, my car was working pretty good until that night i got home from the market store ...
    lleonardo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

my cts 2008 wont start. abs light came on.

around three weeks ago, my car was working pretty good until that night i got home from the market store and park my car in the drive way. 1 hour later, i was about to use my car and it didnt wanned to turn on at all. the folling messages appeared by the speedmeter:

These are the three services needed:
    -Service traction control
    -Service stabilitrack
    -Service brake assist

i took my car to the cts dealers like 5-7 times and still they r having hard time with it. its getting to a point where i dont know what else to do. im disappointed, more like pissed.. i need help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: my cts 2008 wont start. abs light came on.

I am leaving this thread here for Cadillac Cust Svc, but I copied it to the CTS forum as well where it will get more exposure.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...start-abs.html

Please check in that discussion also, as another CTS owner may be able to offer you some advice.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Lleonardo,
    If you would like you can PM or email me your complete contact information (Name, address, phone number, email address) along with your VIN number, mileage and the name of the dealership that you are working with. I would like to check into this for you.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

New users cannot pm.

lleonardo, if you want to email me the above info, I will forward it to Cadillac Cust Svc.

CTS 08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 cherry red

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with my 08 CTS. Only I have a couple of things to add. The problem only occurs when the car sits in below freezing weather. I can usually get the car started by letting it sit with the electrical aux on for 2-5 minutes. Then turning the car off and try to start it again. It will sometimes start up but there will be service air bag and service tire gauge light on. If I turn the car off then on again, the lights go away. If I let the car sit until noon and it warms up in the sun, the car starts right up. In addition, if I'm lucky the car starts up on the first try but if I let it sit, the service lights come on. If I drive the car right away they do not.

This is how I've had to start my car every morning instead of using the remote start that I paid for. It's been to the dealer twice but every time I bring it there the weather turns nice and the problem goes away. At this point I'm disgusted with the car and the dealership. Most of all I'm disgusted with the electrical engineering that didn't provide the software tools to record this issue when it occurs. Is Cadillac going to reimburse me for half of the year where the car is a $30k paper weight, probably not and that's understandable. But I would prefer if the electrical engineers were taken out back and whipped or better yet someone can help me fix this issue.

-Steve

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.