Yet another backorder. Will be without my SRX for over 2 months!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Yet another backorder. Will be without my SRX for over 2 months! in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I hope somebody can help me as I am growing increasingly frustrated. I purchased a 2010 SRX Turbo last summer ...
    pscharfg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Yet another backorder. Will be without my SRX for over 2 months!

I hope somebody can help me as I am growing increasingly frustrated.

I purchased a 2010 SRX Turbo last summer (I paid cash). Ever since I've owned the vehicle there have been problems. The car has been in for service/recalls 3 times and each time, even though the dealer scheduled the work in advance and knew what parts were needed, after bringing the car in waiting hours, they let me know they couldn't complete the work because parts were backordered. In some cases, parts took weeks and in others months. Sometimes the parts were on recalled items and other times they were on non essentials (meaning the car is still safe and driveable) like the chrome mirror trim.

My SRX has been at the Cadillac dealer for a month now waiting on a wiring harness. The ETA right now is 'sometime' in May! How is this acceptable? What is even worse is that Cadillac is refusing to pick up my rental car.

I have been a loyal GM customer my whole driving life. Ever since I can remember, my parents also drove GM. Is this really how a luxury car manufacturer treats its loyal customers?

Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Re: Yet another backorder. Will be without my SRX for over 2 months!

Try to use lemon law if you can. Your situation is unacceptable.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think you should try a different dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

pscharfg, have you spoken with anyone from our Customer Assistance team on this issue? I apologize for the situation but hopefully I can assist you. Please direct message me your case number if you have one. Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Jeff, I can't PM you becuase I am a new member. Instead there is a post on your visitors wall. I tried reaching you at the Cadillac Customer Service Number and was told there is no Jeff Morris who works there. Please PM me or contact me directly. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I think you should try a different dealer.
    Hi JimmyH,

Thanks for responding. Is there anyway you could PM me? I could use the help of a mod. I can't PM since I am a new user.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by pscharfg View Post
    Hi JimmyH,

Thanks for responding. Is there anyway you could PM me? I could use the help of a mod. I can't PM since I am a new user.

Thanks,
    Hi JimmyH,

I got your PM but still can't PM you. I get the following: "Sorry, pscharfg! To prevent spam, Private Messaging has been disabled for new members. Please participate in the community and access will be granted shortly. Thank you..."

Best,
    Pete

email me

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Pete... get yourself up to ten posts, then you'll be able to use the PM functions of the forum
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thanks to those that have helped and responded.

The part was supposed to be in May 5th. I had numerous conversations with representatives from GM and they said it will definitely be there. Well, May 5th came and went and the dealer is telling me the earliest they will see it is May 23rd - possibly. I find it hard to believe that in all of GM, there is not a single wiring harness. Even if the part comes in on the 23rd, I will be without my less than one-year-old car for over 3 months.

Bear in mind, this is a brand new model of car that has only been around for a couple years. There are growing pains with any brand new design. That is the price you pay when you are an early adopter. I am waiting for that shoe to drop on my 5th gen Camaro.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

How are they not giving you a free loaner? Its under warranty. The dealer should have cars or rentals are charged back to GM. I would not pay that bill. Call Caddy Customer Assistance @ 800-458-8006. Good luck!

Hi JDB, I've been dealing with Cadillac Customer Service for months. Hopefully something will shake soon. The dealer won't pay or grant me a rental care because Cadillac Corporate won't agree to it. I am bewildered at how Cadillac thinks this is acceptable, but I am trying. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

I can't understand why they aren't putting in a courtesy car . The warranty big print says you get one,can you post their reasons why you don't qualify . I can understand the back order but not the lack of transportation .

I'm still batteling this and still don't have my SRX. The issue seems to be both the dealership and Cadillac/GM. The dealer won't do anything unless Cadillac/GM does.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.