2011 CTS Nav Disc - HELP!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, 2011 CTS Nav Disc - HELP! in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I'm looking for some help. I have just recently installed the 2011 CTS Navigation update in my 2008 CTS. I ...
    tonyfort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Former owner 2008 CTS

Exclamation 2011 CTS Nav Disc - HELP!

I'm looking for some help. I have just recently installed the 2011 CTS Navigation update in my 2008 CTS. I now have the problems listed in this thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-nav-disc.html

My main problem is with the screen popping up and going blank every time the car is placed in reverse. I have contacted GM NavDisc and they have said to take it to my local dealer. I have taken the car to my dealer, Hendrick Durham Automall in Durham, NC, and they could not figure out the problem. Since I am out of bumper-to-bumper warranty, they told me if I bring it back for them to try to figure it out again I will need to pay a diagnostic charge. I have also contacted another dealer in my area (Hendrick Cadillac in Cary, NC) and was told I also would have to pay the diagnostic charge. They also told me they had not heard of the problem.

I don't believe it is right that I should have to pay for a problem that was caused by a defective update I have paid $200 for. I have gotten nowhere with GM NavDisc center and nowhere with the dealerships. Hendrick Cadillac suggested I contact Cadillac Customer Service about the issue, thus I am here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2011 CTS Nav Disc - HELP!

I have handled this issue through direct messages with this member at this time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Thanks Jeff.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

gfpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I went ahead and order mine last month thinking that the issues were resolved. I tried to install the disk today and It is not accepting the access code received from NavDisk Center. I spoke with them today and they told me they are working on know issues and will be back in touch with me via email. I guess it;s a good thing it didn't let me install.

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V

Ordered my disc from www.gmnavdisc.com last Fri. and got it today. It installed without a hitch. I had a 12 amp battery charger attached to the terminals in the engine compartment.

davepost88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    I have handled this issue through direct messages with this member at this time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service
    Jeff, I have the exact same problem. The dealership is lost and wants to charge me and the Nav Center insists I go to the dealership. Also, my Gracenotes update will not load either.

HELP

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.