KeyCode Missing From the KeyCode Database on GlobalConnect
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, KeyCode Missing From the KeyCode Database on GlobalConnect in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I had a nice couple come in today to get a key to access their 2004 XLR that had a ...
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Exclamation KeyCode Missing From the KeyCode Database on GlobalConnect

I had a nice couple come in today to get a key to access their 2004 XLR that had a dead battery.

The doors are all fully electrical and the woman almost got locked in her car!

When the bought the car used they noticed that there was no emergency key with the car and the dealer said that they would get them one made and send it to them. That never happened because apparently their keycode is missing from the keycode database!

I found this out today when I tried to cut them an emergency key.

I have sent them in the direction of Customer Service via phone but was hoping to catch the eye (or ear) of someone who could help nudge their case along the chain of command to someone who can really take care and show them Cadillac's 'Standard of Excellence'. They feel that GM has let them down and from their call with Roadside Assistance they aren't confident that GM is going to make good on what is a mistake on GM's side of things causing them all this trouble.

Basically if the keycode cannot be found they will have to have a locksmith take the lock cylinder out of the bumper and make a key from scratch to fit the lock.

I felt really bad not being able to help them out and just deferring them to Customer Care.

~Chris
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dons2277 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 eldorado sport

Re: KeyCode Missing From the KeyCode Database on GlobalConnect

long shot but it happend to me when i went to pick one up that was dead with no key, the dealer couldnt find the code I had crawll under car to give jump to battery to get (on star) to open doors and turned out they had codes.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Chris, you wouldn't happen to have that case number or an e-mail address for the customers your are referring to would you? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

man that's two months old...

I didn't get his case number but I have his VIN - 45601305
    and I can PM you his personal info if you need it - I don't have an email address, but I do have a cell phone number.

I think he got into the car somehow (locksmith maybe) and got it jumped and drove back to Raleigh from his beach house and ended up trading it in where he bought it.

He was definitely not happy w/ Cust Svc but pleased with the effort that I had put in.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.