Vsport Review - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac CTS V-Sport Discussion, Vsport Review in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I also got to have the V-sport for a couple days...and while a nice change...there are no areas that aren't ...
    EJGPharmMD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Vsport Review

I also got to have the V-sport for a couple days...and while a nice change...there are no areas that aren't the obvious interior upgrade where u would say the V-sport edges out the V...

Wait I'm lying...the tranny was much much better...didn't feel AS sluggish as our old tranny, but still didn't compare IMO to mb or BMW. Esp a DCT setup. I know for a certainty I wouldn't spent 70k on this car, 60k perhaps...definately not 70...

And yes....super sports woulda tested better...

anxiouz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan A6, Airaid, Borla

I'm interested in the tranny... In my IS-F (in full auto mode) I hated how it tried to get into 8th ASAP. I'd be in 4th or 5th before even getting through a stoplight sometimes.
    I normally use paddles but in the IS-F I had no choice.

How is the Vsport tranny in that regard? 8 gears is great for hwy but on the street the IS-F was always hunting for a gear.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    I'm interested in the tranny... In my IS-F (in full auto mode) I hated how it tried to get into 8th ASAP. I'd be in 4th or 5th before even getting through a stoplight sometimes.

How is the Vsport tranny in that regard? 8 gears is great for hwy but on the street the IS-F was always hunting for a gear.
    I never felt like it was early upshifting or hunting. But I did leave it in sport mode all the time (it stays there once you select it). In track mode, it will hold gears on decel if you're high in the rev range. In sport mode, it always upshifts on deceleration from high RPM.

I also noticed that activating the manual shifting with the paddles leads to it defaulting back to auto after a bit. But if you push the Manual button the gear selector, it stays in manual until you push the button again.

leroy_ctscoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Awesome write up. I recently saw a video on youtube of a tuned V sport doing like 510 in tq. Thing looks sweet up front but an absolute train wreck in the back.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

^^^ they have been tuning the ATS turbo to some pretty good numbers as well. I wonder how the tranny will hold up long term. If they do, perhaps there will be some chip tuning sorts of things available like there are for the AMG Benz.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous
    ^^^ they have been tuning the ATS turbo to some pretty good numbers as well. I wonder how the tranny will hold up long term. If they do, perhaps there will be some chip tuning sorts of things available like there are for the AMG Benz.
    Just had to say "Benz", didn't you? Anyone keeping time?

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

The other thing I'll say is that an 8 speed transmission is a real PITA when manual shifting. Sure the ratios can make the car quicker or more efficient. But when you're cruising along and then want to paddle from 8 to 3 to pass someone, it's like a god damn counting game. "shit, did I pull it 3 or 4 times?"

CadillacVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Performance

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    The other thing I'll say is that an 8 speed transmission is a real PITA when manual shifting. Sure the ratios can make the car quicker or more efficient. But when you're cruising along and then want to paddle from 8 to 3 to pass someone, it's like a god damn counting game. "shit, did I pull it 3 or 4 times?"
    Yes, I struggle with this also. Usually, downshifting to 5 is enough for passing power. However, it is really annoying.

I am generally very happy with the Performance Shifting Algorithm (PSA). My only request is the user ability to enable it manually. I know when I want to enter the mode before the car does. And I don't need the car to decide when I am done with it, especially as I weave in and out of traffic. We need a V button on the steering wheel that enables PSA. Alternatively, a toggle in CUE that customizes the Track mode with a permanent PSA.

cdiez58 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Premium

Spearfish25 said:

Cadillac is definitely moving in the right direction with their fit and finish. My concern is that they're moving their price upscale faster than the car now. Their 'comeback' was offering great luxury and performance at bargain prices. Start charging what the competition does and now the rest of the package has to be spot-on as well. The Vsport is good, but I don't see many people looking at the new Vsport and a new BMW 550i and picking the Cadillac.

Well i looked at the BMW 550i the MB E550....Cadillac driving dynamics were obviously superior ( both of those cars felt very heavy when tossed around) ..liked Cadillac'scontemporary styling better inside and out. I actually like CUE...Im a technology consultant ...so I got the hang of it pretty quick...(although the voive recognition could be better)

MEDISIN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    ^^^^not sure what you mean^^^

I just used the web to build a 2014 Vsport and Msport

The Vsport came out to :$72,000 and some change
    The 550i msport will all available options came out to just over $74,000 ( I didn't add Xdrive to the Bimmer, thats not apple to apples)

There isn't anything to argue though, because I'm not going to agree that the Vsport is priced where I think it should be. Its not a rip off but I'd still rather have the BMW if I'm spending that kind of cash,and I don't even like BMW.

----------

I priced out on the manf websites the Msport and Vsport

Vsport $72,000 (all available options)
    Msport 550i $74,000 (all available options)

so.......
    First off, the 550i Msport with all available options is $100k. That's a $30,000 premium over the Vsport. But you're looking at MSRP, I'm talking about what consumers are ACTUALLY paying for them. The Vsport Premium is selling for $66k here, while the 550i Msport is selling for $75k when similarly equipped. That's nearly $10k difference. You're welcome to spend $10,000 more on the 550i for the interior and roundel if that's what you're into. The Vsport weighs 400lbs less than the 550i, while putting similar power (390HP, 430ft-lb) to the wheels. Performance and handling are certainly in the Vsport's favor.

CTS Vsport: MSRP $69,995; ATP $66,407
    550i Msport: MSRP $83,025; ATP $75,896
    E550 Sport: MSRP $78,665; ATP $71,708
    A6 S-line: MSRP $70,520; ATP $66,471
    S6 Prem: MSRP $91,740: ATP $88,550
    XF V8SC: MSRP $77,305; ATP $72,999

Perses is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Premium

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post

I know what you mean, I just traded in my ISF for a Vsport and although it still hunts for gears, its nowhere near as bad as my ISF.

I felt that the transmission in my ISF was fighting against me at times and never did what I want.

In track mode on the CTS Vsport it is better despite also having an Aisin transmission?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.