Vsport Review - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac CTS V-Sport Discussion, Vsport Review in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; ^^^^not sure what you mean^^^ I just used the web to build a 2014 Vsport and Msport The Vsport came ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Vsport Review

^^^^not sure what you mean^^^

I just used the web to build a 2014 Vsport and Msport

The Vsport came out to :$72,000 and some change
    The 550i msport will all available options came out to just over $74,000 ( I didn't add Xdrive to the Bimmer, thats not apple to apples)

There isn't anything to argue though, because I'm not going to agree that the Vsport is priced where I think it should be. Its not a rip off but I'd still rather have the BMW if I'm spending that kind of cash,and I don't even like BMW.

----------

I priced out on the manf websites the Msport and Vsport

Vsport $72,000 (all available options)
    Msport 550i $74,000 (all available options)

so.......
    gohawks63 likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    ^^^^not sure what you mean^^^

I just used the web to build a 2014 Vsport and Msport

The Vsport came out to :$72,000 and some change
    The 550i msport will all available options came out to just over $74,000 ( I didn't add Xdrive to the Bimmer, thats not apple to apples)

There isn't anything to argue though, because I'm not going to agree that the Vsport is priced where I think it should be. Its not a rip off but I'd still rather have the BMW if I'm spending that kind of cash,and I don't even like BMW.

----------

I priced out on the manf websites the Msport and Vsport

Vsport $72,000 (all available options)
    Msport 550i $74,000 (all available options)

so.......
    If you're referring to my post, I was agreeing with you.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

There's also a prestige gap between a V8 and a V6.

As for comparing a Vsport to a Tesla Model S, consider that the Vsport is still nicely equipped at an MSRP of $60K and invoices for $56K. The Tesla Model S starts at $61K, without leather or wood or Supercharger compatibility or energy-efficient tires. Adding just those items takes you to $66K -- and remember, that's not mSrp, that's the price you pay.

And I wouldn't count on the CTS-V looking radically different -- especially not from the rear.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I mostly agree with everything, and especially price. We've all been over it, the price is competitive with its peers, but it's still too much. It just is. And that goes for ALL of them in that price range like the above-mentioned M sport too.

That said, in terms of being an involving performance sedan I think it's a home run. Cadillac is just knocking them out of the park. I do think the MSRP is going to turn people off before they even drive it. $70k was ok when it was for an insane fire-breathing, Ferrari-stomping V monster, then that kind of price tag made sense. For the Vsport though? Not so much. And I think ultimately it's doing a disservice to the quality and likeability of the Vsport.

True - BMW is overpriced as well. I general I haven't found them to be as "nice" as similarly pricedBenz, Audi, Jag, Lexus cars.

But they are BMW so people pay it. I'm not super familiar with the Tesla, but they look good from the outside. They aren't cheap, but they do offer something completely unique.

Antero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

Let's not forget the 400lbs that BMW adds to the car over the Vsport.

----------

Its different and about the same. It doesn't feel more planted. I test drove one as well. If it handled better, it would be performing better on the track and on paper, and it doesn't. It not particularly far behind though until you get up to higher speed and sheer power.
    This doesn't make any sense. The car is 300lbs lighter and comes standard with the e-diff. It handles better but is no where near as fast as a V. As it sits, my bone stock vsport makes 362HP/386 torque on a dynojet.

As for the pricing, I think we can all agree that the V was the deal of the century. That's why I picked mine up in 2011. We need to face the facts: Cadillac is trying everything they can to be seen as a real luxury car brand. They finally have an E class and 5 series competitor and they have priced it accordingly. Im happy with the deal I got. I am paying much less per month for my vsport which was priced nearly identical to my V.

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    Let's not forget the 400lbs that BMW adds to the car over the Vsport.

----------

This doesn't make any sense. The car is 300lbs lighter and comes standard with the e-diff. It handles better but is no where near as fast as a V. As it sits, my bone stock vsport makes 362HP/386 torque on a dynojet.

As for the pricing, I think we can all agree that the V was the deal of the century. That's why I picked mine up in 2011. We need to face the facts: Cadillac is trying everything they can to be seen as a real luxury car brand. They finally have an E class and 5 series competitor and they have priced it accordingly. Im happy with the deal I got. I am paying much less per month for my vsport which was priced nearly identical to my V.
    It makes perfect sense. For most drivers in typical street conditions, the V is not going to shine, nor are the driving characteristics going to shine for either of them. The 0-60 1/4 times aren't in different worlds, the vsport is cetainly still fast...thing of how the Vsport compares to a C6 corvette for example. The Vsport does not weigh 400lbs less than my Vcoupe, therefore they do feel similar. The 0-60 times are within 3-4 10ths which and the V's power isn't going to really shine at stop lights. The Vsport is new, tighter, and a little lighter. It doesn't drive like the V2 but to say the the Vsport experience is heads above a V2 is certainly a stretch considering it doesn't beat the V2 in any catagory, though as stated it is very close in some of the handling tests (or better in some reviews by very small amounts that are meaningless unless both cars are tested on the same track at exactly the same time by the same driver)

We probably aren't really arguing.

In summary the V2 doesn't destroy the Vsport in every catagory, but the vsport doesn't offer anything "heads" above a V2 either, and falls way short in sheer power.

Antero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

I dont think the Vsport is meant to beat the V in any performance tests. All im saying is a car with the same suspension, an e-lsd, and 200lbs less is going to handle *better*. This doesn't mean that it will beat the V on the track. It is just meant to say the car feels more nimble.

Nobody is arguing here but I get the feeling some of you V guys think the Vsport is trying to get up on your turf. Lol. It is a newer car. It is supposed to have improvements over the last gen but dont worry, we Vsport drivers know you guys still hold the performance crown . Let's all be happy Cadillac is putting out quality cars.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I disagree with the idea that the Vsport cannot possibly handle better than the CTS-V because it was slower on the Nurburgring. We all know the Nurburgring is a power track. Here's an example:

Edmonds slalom times, in MPH:

CTS Vsport: 69.8
    CTS-V: 69.2
    Panamera Turbo S: 68.9

That is a much more accurate handling test because power is not a factor, all cars can get up to 70 mph. What it shows us is that the Vsport is better balanced, has a stiffer chassis and is lighter on its feet. Running a slalom a full MPH faster than the Panamera Turbo S is not a small achievement, and clearly it's something that the Vsport does actually do better than the CTS-V.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I don't agree that the Vsport handles better than the V2. Its different and about the same. It doesn't feel more planted. I test drove one as well. If it handled better, it would be performing better on the track and on paper, and it doesn't. It not particularly far behind though until you get up to higher speed and sheer power.
    It would be performing better on track and paper, but doesn't? What are you talking about? It's Ring times are squarely between the V1 and V2 but it isn't a V. It still weighs more than the V1. It's not that much slower on the 'Ring even though its well over 100hp/tq less.

And every review praises the V-Sport as the best handling sedan in the class, hands down. No rag even questions it.

You're just being a contrarian.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    I dont think the Vsport is meant to beat the V in any performance tests. All im saying is a car with the same suspension, an e-lsd, and 200lbs less is going to handle *better*. This doesn't mean that it will beat the V on the track. It is just meant to say the car feels more nimble.

Nobody is arguing here but I get the feeling some of you V guys think the Vsport is trying to get up on your turf. Lol. It is a newer car. It is supposed to have improvements over the last gen but dont worry, we Vsport drivers know you guys still hold the performance crown . Let's all be happy Cadillac is putting out quality cars.
    You've got that right.

We make fun of the n00bs who don't know the difference between the V and V-Sport. But then there are people who get their feathers up because we're comparing two cars that are available now. Oh no, don't ever compare this inferior V-Sport to MY V!!!

Laughable.
    MoistCabbage and Xaqtly like this.

Bigjim we all know you have boner for the V1 - you're a broken record just like the "comedian" in you signature.

I'm a broken record in my criticism for Cadillacs new price range.

The fact still remains that the vsport tests show nothing to support the claim of better handling than the V2other than it being the next new thing - which it is and does well.

Put the two cars on the same track, same day, same driver, and see how it turns out.

Same will be said when the ATS-V comes out, and the V3 which I'm sure will perform considerably better than the V2.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    I disagree with the idea that the Vsport cannot possibly handle better than the CTS-V because it was slower on the Nurburgring. We all know the Nurburgring is a power track. Here's an example:

Edmonds slalom times, in MPH:

CTS Vsport: 69.8
    CTS-V: 69.2
    Panamera Turbo S: 68.9

That is a much more accurate handling test because power is not a factor, all cars can get up to 70 mph. What it shows us is that the Vsport is better balanced, has a stiffer chassis and is lighter on its feet. Running a slalom a full MPH faster than the Panamera Turbo S is not a small achievement, and clearly it's something that the Vsport does actually do better than the CTS-V.
    Someone ignored the slalom times...
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

There is no question the Vsport turns in better than my V2. Part of it is sensation due to a faster steering rack. The other part is that it just turns in better. I'm still impressed the entire motor is tucked behind the front axle. There's about 2 extra feet of front end that just house fans and radiators.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Would the CTS-V carry a higher speed through the slalom with a set of Pilot Super Sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Would the CTS-V carry a higher speed through the slalom with a set of Pilot Super Sports?
    No doubt.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.