Cadillac Owners Forum banner
12K views 64 replies 19 participants last post by  Twitch 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll post pictures later this evening. Really a nicely assembled kit. I did some of the "preinstall" items today like the windshield wiper clearance, and some preassembly of components along with taking inventory and getting familar with the various items and steps. Looks quite straightforward from here.

I also removed the FFV today so the V is totally stock save for the CAGS. Who should I run into on the way home? Mr. Sti of course :tisk: We had a little fun, but neither of us were really into it.

I must say, I certainly feel a power loss after removing the FFV and B&B :(

Anyway, I would guess the balance of the install will take me about (8) hours - call it (10) hours total - once the car gets back from the dealer :nono:

#2 ·
Whaddaya think about the size of that heat exchanger? (!!)
Six hours? Really?? You sound pretty experienced, but I think there's more work there than you're estimating.

Let us know how it goes...

#3 ·
You could be right, lawfive. It could take longer. The removal of the radiator and pinning the crank are two items I am not accounting for at this point, and that could take a considerable amount of time.

The heat exchanger looks plenty big enough to me - but what do I know :lildevil:

#6 ·
FYI:

Heat Exchanger (H/E) = front mount "radiator" that cools the fluid in the intercooler system.

Intercooler = "Sandwiched" in the manifold under the supercharger.

The H/E is nice and big on the CTS-V, more surface area = quicker/better cooling.
wildwhl: Take your time and follow the directions, you will be good to go! Feel free to post up any questions you may have about the install....I will check back here a few times.

Brian

#12 ·
Pictures of Magna Charger = SCHWINGGGGGGG!

#13 ·
Dreamin said:
According to Magnacharger, the heat-exchanger on the V kit is the larger size as used on the Z06... not the smaller one used on the GTO.

Wild: When do you get your car back???
Dreamin -

The car goes into the dealer tomorrow (Monday) morning. It depends on what they find on the rear diff and what they decide to do with it as to when I will get it back. There is supposed to be a regional rep coming by to look at it. I'll just have to be patient and see what ends up happening.

I revised my time estimates above after looking more closely at the removal of radiaator and pinning crank process. Still, I'm fairly confident that the system could be installed on a long Saturday, especially if an extra hand was around to assist.

I'll keep you posted and try to give you enough warning as to when I'm going for the rest should you want to head this way :yup:

#15 ·
The intake air pipe is flattened out, but nowhere near the restriction the stocker has. I'm sure B/C could chime in here, but from all appearances I would guess it would easily flow double or more of the stocker. Very smooth on the inside and I doubt it will cause any real restriction at the HP levels were working with. Since I haven't actually installed it yet, I'm not sure what the purpose of the flattening and associated dimple on the bottom side are (noise elimination or clearance?).

All of the components are sorted into individual plastic compartments in the large plastic bags. The instructions are well written, and the kit appears very complete including the new drive belt (when I installed the Powerdyne on the Dodge years ago it did not) and lacking only the K&N air filter :hmm: that is required for the stock airbox. I'm also hoping to fab a new STB this summer to clear the Maggie.

I have my neighbors itchin' for me to get her done as well. When I moved into this house 2+ years ago, I quickly learned I moved into the middle of a bunch of car guys. Coming home one day from work I was sandwiched between a Ferrari 355 F1 in front and a BMW M5 in my rearview. As the Ferrari slowed in front of me and turned into the garage across from my house, I quickly dodged into my garage in my lowly Jetta 1.8T, as the BMW pulled into the neighbor two doors up. So, my wife likes to think I'm trying to keep up with the "Joneses", and it turns out that of the left and right adjacent neighbors, and the three homes directly across the street, of those 5 homes three of them have last name Jones!

The Ferrari has since been sold and now an SL500 sits in her place. An S4 lives directly across the street, a 60's big block 'vette and '68 RS Camaro live to the South (both pristine), and finally the car guy across and one door up has just added that Cayenne Turbo to his fleet which includes a very stealthy 11 second turbo Mustang - beautiful in a straight line but keep it straight as the turns, well, the V catches right back up :)

So, the aforementioned T.M.I. is simply the why of the Maggie, but not the V, as she and I were always meant to be :lildevil:

#18 ·
About the diff... make sure the insurance company is involved too... if it's accident related, they need to pay for it...

Just had a problem like that on a different car... lots of back and forth between dealer and insurance company about something that stopped working after an accident.... eventually the dealer ended up fixing it and picking up the tab...

#19 ·
blownchevy said:
The air inlet was flow tested to handle 600+ rwhp worth of air!!

Whil how is the install going? Where are you located again???
No install work today, leaving the V intact for the dealer in the a.m.

I almost went ahead and did the crank pins and heat exchanger/reservoir but decided against it. Don't want to get the dealer too suspicious.

Northern Nevada (so close to hell (Reno) I see Sparks!)

I'm excited to get going on it. If the dealer doesn't tear down the car tomorrow (I believe their plan is to disassemble the diff) then starting Tuesday I'll go for it (in the evening). I believe I can finish her out in two evenings, if I limit the Irish Car Bomb consumption :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.