Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  liqidvenom 
#1 ·
Anyone else have this problem? Permature popping off.
I was shifting third to forth and something felt loose. I lifted up a touch and it slid right off.
Now it won't stay on.
Anyone else have a similar issue and figured it out, or do I just need to pick up another stocker or upgrade to something else? Any suggestions for knobs?

As for upgrades, are the UCC ones made to just stay on like the stocker or is there a set screw. If there is a set screw, whats the difference between that and lets say a momo knob?

#2 · (Edited)
I had the same problem, except I was ripping throught the gears and it came off during my 1st to 2nd shift. WTF!!

I upgraded to the MOMO knob and it works fine. It has set screws to hold in place, unlike the stocker. Don't waste your money on the stocker. I even installed Katech short throw shifter and just threaded the same knob to work with that one, too.

[/IMG]

Oh, and it only cost $30.00

#3 ·
make sure its facing straight and whack it pretty hard downward. mine came up one time and i just pressed down on it pretty hard and i thought it clicked but a couple shifts later i came off. then i was pissed and slammed it down. never moved again.

#14 ·
I don't think it matter how hard I hit it, it just slides right off

#4 ·
That MOMO knob looks great but I bet it gets hot as hell in the summer.

I still love my GTO knob.

#5 ·
i have uuc leather wrapped its super nice and high quality and weighted and $165 and......... gets super cold in winter and super hot in summer and... lol the new v2 knob is in another thread and looks really nice!

#6 ·
I am also a fan of the GTO knob. I was surprised how good it looks. Mine can be twisted if forced, and I need to use some non-permanent adhesive one of these days. I had to drill the Holden knob deeper internally but it still sits higher than the factory, but with the B&M short throw, it all balances out.

#7 ·
That's my knob lol takes about five minutes to install super easy and looks great thinking of trying to somehow take it apart and make it weighted

#8 ·
Luke has those V2 knobs for somewhere close to a C note. FABULOUS looking, too! :thumbsup: If I didn't have my beloved MOMO Combat Evo one, I'd be calling Luke tomorrow.

Oh ... that's right ... I'm calling him tomorrow anyway on some other stuff. :rolleyes:

#13 ·
Your knob looks like a carbon fiber falcon about to attack

#9 ·
How does that shift boot compare to the seat material. Is that the redline goods?

I had a momo on my G35. I liked it but sprung for the UUC this go around. I can feel the difference with the added weight. It shifts smoother.

#10 · (Edited)
Jersey05, I would like to know the actual difference in heighth between our two setups. I will take a measurement and photo and post later today.

As far as weighted, that MOMO knob would definitely make a nice weapon if I needed it. I will even see if I can get a weight of my MOMO knob.

I am not trying to say one setup is better than the other, but I personally want to know the actual weight and height of the UUC knob once installed on the shaft, so I can compare to mine.

#11 ·
Whitedevel.... is that a dash overlay kit? looks sharp.

#12 ·
Anyone have some good pics of the new V2 knob, the pics I found were really dark or really washed out.
And what is involved with making it fit, and will it work with my B&M?

#21 ·
stucky that would be the really dark picture I mentioned when I said "pics I found were really dark or really washed out."

#23 ·
#25 ·
All there is to it is stretching the leather over the factory knob to remove it and taking the V2 knob and doing it in reverse to put it on the stock bushing. Thats it. I'm taking a couple pictures of the process today sometime. I've just been really busy.

Luke wasn't sure if it would fit when he sent it to me but i'm sure he read the thread and knows how it works now.

#27 ·
The knob on the boot.

The knob removed

Underside of the boot with knob attached. You will want to press with your thumb on the bottom of the knob while stretching the leather around it.

It should come out like this

You will notice a clip on the inside of the knob. You can try to take it off this way but I was scared I would break them. So I just heated the leather and stretched it over.

#28 ·
Thanks for the walk-through stuckey. Sounds simple enough. I'm probably going to go ahead and do this...except in swade :drool:

#29 ·
Thanks for the walk-through stuckey. Sounds simple enough. I'm probably going to go ahead and do this...except in napped-finished leather, or a variety of fabrics with a brushed finish :drool:
:histeric: Good Luck post a pic or two of yours when done.

#31 ·
Just so people don't see the pics of the fake aluminum overlay and think everyone likes them and they should get them, I hate it.

No offense, but it looks fake. Badly fake. It looks like plastic silver bubbly stuff. Now, you can argue that it looks better than a dash that's peeling and looking splotchy. I can accept that. But I'm still not a fan...

#35 ·
I recognize that dash kit. It was in one of the CTS-V's that I had looked at. There are different levels for the kits. There are simulated aluminum like he has on the one pictured and there are also real materials. The one I saw had the real carbon fiber kit. It was thinner than the simulated ones. I have to admit, it actually looked pretty good. I barely noticed it at first looking through the window since it was still black.

Here is the link to the kits.

http://www.wooddash.com/item/CADILLAC_Dash_Kits_CTSV_2004_2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.