Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Picked up my ride today from my boys at TTPerformance in Little Falls, NJ. Boy this car feels more alive, sounds awesome and is wicked quick!! The numbers after the tune are 412rwhp/377rwtq. This is up from 357rwhp/347rwtq. A net gain of 55rwhp/30rwtq. :thumbsup:

Here's the grocery list:
  • TTP XFI Cam 228/230-115 LSA
  • TFS 7.400 Hardened C/M Pushrods
  • GM Cam Installation Gasket kit
  • Patriot Gold Dual Spring kit
  • ASP Underdrive Pulley with Belts
  • Royal Purple 5W30 oil w/filter

Here's a quick video I took with my iPhone. Not the best quality, so I apologize upfront.

http://qik.com/video/447983

#9 ·
#10 ·
I do, but I need a new scanner. :banghead:

#5 ·
I heard you were thinking about it. You don't waste time, do you?
How about a vid at idle.
I gotta see what they charge for the crank pulley. That, and meth are what I'm looking into for next spring.

Tony

#6 ·
... I gotta see what they charge for the crank pulley. That, and meth are what I'm looking into for next spring.

Tony
Tony, you want an overdrive pulley, don't you? Not an underdrive ... :hmm:

Doesn't Luna have the overdrive, 8-rib setup? (Geez, I can't remember names I'm so dang old ... all can think about is Teri Hatcher. :bonkers:)

#14 ·
Do you have the specs on the lift specs on the cam?

I'm interested to see the difference between our cam's, your's must be lower lift, with the higher LSA.

Get a cold start & warm idle vid so we can hear it :D

Do you know what your injector duty cycle is at right now? I know when I was at 380 rwhp my IDC was at 94%. I went with 42lb injectors and at 415 rwhp, I'm not at like 56% or something (never going to need to replace these babies :D ).

I'm surprised more people don't go with simple cam swaps. You get a lot of power, with none of the added weight, heat, and voltage issues that a maggie has (please don't turn this into a maggie vs. all thread, I'm just pointing out a cam swap as a viable option).

Need to see your graph as well, get that scanner fixed.

-Chris

#15 ·
I'm quite curious about cams also. I'm a total newbie when it comes to this but what are the real world impacts of this to every day commuter driving i.e. noise, heat, gas consumption, torque... I typically want to keep the car sounding and driving close to stock (other than the magnaflows I recently added)...

Driven many supercharged cars before so I'm quite clear on some of the drawbacks of a maggie.

Benefits aside for the above.

#20 ·
Maybe my scanner's just crappy. But I took a picture of my dyno sheet and posted it. Came out better that way.

#23 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.