Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Textralia clutch and 8# flywheel = WOW

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  BYUNSPEED 
#1 ·
If anyone is thinking about a performance clutch and lightweight flywheel, get the Textralia! 150 miles on it and I am thrilled! Pedal effort feels better than stock and boy does it hook. I still have a little chatter (very little and only in first gear) and they say it goes away after about 300 miles. Switching to the 8# aluminum flywheel allows the engine to rev noticably quicker and is easy to rev match. I bet there's a 30# reduction in weight compared to the stock assembly. Great warranty, quality product!

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_in...=3355&osCsid=49b0e4c9be31a7ab7d224f1747ce03de

PS: Don't get the ARP bolts, they're SAE and we need metric

#8 ·
Not good, it was a comedy of errors..... drag radials on backwards, blown header gasket, etc. Good 60' 1.78 (considering). The car is running pig rich (9&10 AFR's) since the Cats have been removed. Thought it was the header gasket, but with that replaced still rich, afraid to use the meth as all I see is RCH on the AFR gauge at WOT. Car is going to Doug's this weekend for the new rear with 4:10's

#13 ·
Was this a direct replacement for the stock clutch, and flywheel? Did you need to put in a spacer like the Z06 Flywheel? Is the price less without the SAE bolts? Do they sell the metric bolts we need, or did you reuse the stock bolts?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm kind of new here.

Ian

#17 ·
Thanks for the kind words. The aluminum kit is a special order only because we're moving all our customers to the dual disc clutch on our site. The aluminum kit weighs about 5 pounds less overall than the steel kit and the dual disc weighs about 10 punds less overall than the steel kit. The dual discs are rebuildable also!

The steel kit is a ~18 pound billet flywheel we suggest for street use and drag racing. If you're looking to hold more power, we suggest the dual disc that can be used for road racing type applications too.

These are the best clutches for the LSx motors right now.
welcome.
if you'd like to advertise your product (which alot of us may be interested in) please join as a supporting vendor.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

my email is in my profile.
thanks

#20 ·
Yeah- that's pretty bold, especially considering the courtesy Urbanski showed you. At least make a donation to the site.

This is a tightly knit group here, and we look out for the owner of this forum. If you don't want to play by the established rules of etiquette, then I doubt you'll see any business from here.

#25 ·
That is your issue, not mine. Obviously the admin took it well as all I said that I was not interested in at this time. That is too bad you think it is "bold" to answer his post. And with your attitude, I am definitely not interested now. I sell plenty of these clutches without advertisement as the owners advertise them themselves because they are a great product. Unsubscribing to this thread. :)

Have a good weekend. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.