CTS vs. ATS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+ Discussion, CTS vs. ATS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey! (first post I believe) Without bashing, and without obvious answers (ex: size), what are the differences between these two ...
    skidawgz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

CTS vs. ATS

Hey! (first post I believe)

Without bashing, and without obvious answers (ex: size), what are the differences between these two cars to you? I have been a long time CTS fan, and I'm finally thinking about purchasing a Cadillac. The '13+ ATS and the '14 CTS redesigns seem to be getting fantastic reviews.

Anyone have any elaborate thoughts on what separate the two cars? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: CTS vs. ATS

V-Sport is a differentiator

light blade is avail only on upper two ATS trims, but standard on all CTS

CTS is about 300 lbs heavier

ATS has a more airy cabin feel whereas CTS has a more closed in feeling cabin, this is due in part to the dashboard layout...the CTS has a big slab of a dashboard the runs across from the drivers A pillar to the passengers A pillar in one piece with a slight hump over the instrument cluster, ATS has a dashboard the slopes from the windshield downward as it goes into the cabin, with a second binacle piece of dashboard over the instrument cluster, besides the binnacle this is most noticeable by the central AC vents..on ATS they are located to the right and left of CUE on CTS they are directly above CUE, this taller dash feels like theres more car around you like you sit deeper and lower in the car

CTS has a capless fuel filler

CTS has an optional reconfigurable instrument cluster

the mode switch is a rocker in CTS as opposed to a button in ATS, this lets you get to mode you like more directly instead of having to cycle through all of them to go back one

ATS is better looking from behind than CTS (CTS is a little too conservative here)

CTS is better looking in the front (both are gorgeous CTS just kicks it up a notch witch makes the rear end even more disappointing)

the lightblades are more advanced in CTS with the lower half being switchbacks (they turn into amber blinkers when turn signal or hazards are activated and back to DRL when not)

the CTS key is so much nicer its heavier with a chrome surround, the key blade has a nicer retention system so no accidental disconnects, and trunk release now requires you to press it twice to open the trunk, ATS still uses a 2 second hold for trunk which sometimes gets activated in your pocket

glove box is electronic

sunroof has double the glass with skylight over the rear seat on CTS, ATS has traditional small sunroof

CTS mirrors are smaller, the smallest the government will allow actually, for better areodynamics

artscadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS With Sport Perf Pkg

Re: CTS vs. ATS

Compare what you get at each level in each car, since a Lux in each is not the same options.
    IE The light blades start at Perf in the ATS.

ATS must add heated seats as an option, although dealers normally add that on all cars, in cold areas. That should be standard at the Lux level, like in CTS.

Glamisfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
    Damn good post there Wookie! To me the interiors felt the same. Back seat felt the same. But my wife thought the ATS rear seat felt smaller. I was shooting for the ATS because of the lighter weight. But you can't get ventilated seats on it and that was a deal breaker for me (So Cal desert)! So with the CTS, I went for the VSport so it would more then make up for the weight! And my wife and I love our car! Luxury for normal cruising, and a Mustang, Camaro, 2&3&5 series killer for that occasional stop light race!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.