What should be in the trunk of my new CTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+ Discussion, What should be in the trunk of my new CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; So I just took delivery of my new 2014 CTS. Since it comes with runflats I was curious to see ...
    paulcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS

Question What should be in the trunk of my new CTS?

So I just took delivery of my new 2014 CTS. Since it comes with runflats I was curious to see what would be in the trunk. When I lifted the carpet and storage cover under my trunk deck I found a section with a storage organizer made up of formed Styrofoam compartments but absolutely nothing in the compartments? Is this a storage area for some option I did not get with the luxury trim package or should there be something in there that I need to talk to my salesman about?? The compartments seemed to be form fit for a number of different shaped objects??? In the 2012 CTS that I traded there was an air pump and can of sealer in this compartment I am describing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jhduca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet. Wanting v-sport
    Mine was empty also...premium trim level.

2014CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Performance 3.6 RWD

Re: What should be in the trunk of my new CTS?

I took delivery last week on a Performance 3.6L RWD. The only item in the trunk was the tow eye hook. I read in the owners manual on page 9-64 (item 1) that a "capless funnel adapter" is located under the carpet in the trunk. I didn't get one of these. You may also want to ask the salesman about the funnel.

Jhduca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet. Wanting v-sport
    Hah! Is that what that thing is....yeah, I saw the eye adaptor and there was also the lug nuts replaced by the locking ones...and the adaptor! Wow.

lightningpete is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS

Check your build sheet Mine had the compressor/sealant but had to ask for the Hiway saftey Kit i paid for $85.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Should see the funnel for manually adding gas. Wish they kept the air pump. Went and got one from SLICK. Works OK. Only other stuff would be license plate bracket if you dont need front one and the lug nuts if you have locking nut option.

ELDO GUY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2K ELDO WHITE DIAM , 2K TURBO BUG ,69 VETTE ZZ4 2014 CTS
    Got a cts luxury and it was missing funnel to. Looks like they planned to put other items in there with all those spaces in there.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Also - if you reach all the way to the back of the trunk, you can pull it up and you will see all the RPO Codes for your CTS. By the way - I returned the Slick tire inflator - wound up being junk and not filling tire to the set point you set. Returned it to Amazon and got a cute little mini compressor inflator from Sears and it works well and comes with a storage bag. Fit in the cubby hole on the right side of the trunk. Cost around $40+.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.