Floor Cushions on 2014 CTS Sedan RWD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+ Discussion, Floor Cushions on 2014 CTS Sedan RWD in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I am the proud owner of a new 2014 CTS sedan, Premium Edition, RWD. We love all the bells and ...
    lwaganer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Floor Cushions on 2014 CTS Sedan RWD

I am the proud owner of a new 2014 CTS sedan, Premium Edition, RWD. We love all the bells and whistles and the added size and lower weight. It really handles great. However, winter is approaching and I am contemplating getting a digital fit, Weather Tech Floor Liner for this car. When I took out the OEM floor mats, the carpeting is bulged up midway aft of the accelerator pedal. It appears there is no padding under the carpet from the accelerator pedal back about six inches. Then it feels like there is double padding from six inches back another six inches, so that creates the bulge. You feel like your feet are in a low point and behind your feet it is quite high. If there is a waterproof winter floor liner and any snow or rain collected, it would pool around your feet and not drain backwards. The Weather Tech floor liner literature suggests any water should collect closer to the seat, not the accelerator area.

Do any other 2014 CTS sedan owner have a similar observation?

My dealership inspected another 2014 CTS sedan and it has the same appearance for the carpeting and padding. They said that it probably was normal (as this was seen on two cars), but I feel this cannot be normal for no padding and then double padding. However I have not pulled up the carpeting to verify the double layer. Any suggestions?
    Weather Tech does not have a digital fit floor liner yet in their inventory.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

swgyoooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

Re: Floor Cushions on 2014 CTS Sedan RWD

My Weathertech liners are supposed to arrive 1/9. I spoke at length with them on the phone to insure I was getting the new CTS liners and not the old style CTS. I will let you know how they fit.

lwaganer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

A reply on how your Floorliners fit would be great. I inquired several times to WeatherTech and they said that all they had (at the end of December 2013) was the 2014 CTS AWD. I was very suspicious that this was really the prior CTS body style and not the new CTS Sedan. They reassured me that they are developing the RWD version floorliners for the 2014 CTS and they would be available in January 2014.

I have not taken my 2014 CTS into the dealership yet to examine the floor cushions as the weather has been nasty in the Midwest. Does your CTS have a bulge about 6 inches behind the pedals? To me, it feels like the underlying padding has been folded up double with none directly behind the pedals and a double thickness from about 6" to 12" from the pedals.

swgyoooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Premium 3.6 AWD

The liners arrived today and fit great. They fit the dip in both footwells, so that drop must be normal.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

you'll see that dip everywhere now, no manufacturer want the pedal entrapment issue/recall/lawsuits Toyota faced a few years ago

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.