Throwing code P0128 -- 2003 3.2 L - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Throwing code P0128 -- 2003 3.2 L in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Thread helped alot. Almost a 9 year thread!...
    stanced03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

Re: Throwing code P0128 -- 2003 3.2 L

Thread helped alot. Almost a 9 year thread!

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

FYI The thermostat housing breaks almost as often as the thermostats themselves, (bracket that holds the t-stat inside the housing breaks) better to replace both

streetglidecody07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 cts

OK guys I have an issue with the p0128 code I'm scratching my head on. Car is an 03 cts manual I replaced tstat in march amf the radiator 2 months ago as it was leaking. Now the code is back and I have an issue getting heat. Has anyone experienced this!? Could a clogged heater core throw a p0128?

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

Quote Originally Posted by streetglidecody07 View Post
    OK guys I have an issue with the p0128 code I'm scratching my head on. Car is an 03 cts manual I replaced tstat in march amf the radiator 2 months ago as it was leaking. Now the code is back and I have an issue getting heat. Has anyone experienced this!? Could a clogged heater core throw a p0128?
    I don't think the clogged heater core could cause this code, but a trapped air in the system could cause both, the code and no heat in the climate control.

rev the engine fast couple of time see it make heat come back and check you coolant level

cabletech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L M35 LtPt

Mine's back again, BTW. lol. I'll clear it out when the weather warms back up. I replaced the thermostat early this year when I did the timing belt job. No difference. Car ran fine all summer. I think that some 3.2L motors just have a problem warming up in the winter.
    CTSjones likes this.

streetglidecody07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 cts

I'm starting to agree with cabletech because I thought it was just air in system after changing radiator maybe but I tried burping it a couple times with no luck. Its been about a month now n no luck. I may be wrong but I swear I came across an article that said po128 could be caused by bad heater core. Also what t stat did you use? I tried the autozone and just wondered if maybe anyone had issues with them?

mattkensil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have an 03 CTS and have been getting the P0128 code. i replaced the t-stat, coolant temp sensor, coolant bypass valve and fixed some vacuum issues, but still keep getting the code. could someone explain the burping thing to me, havent heard that one before. also, any other ideas? should i do a complete system flush?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.