CTS-V: Daily Driver or Store in Winter?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS-V: Daily Driver or Store in Winter? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; what do you guys think? is the CTS-V for show or for everyday driving? The CTS is an everyday car ...
    Chuck C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

CTS-V: Daily Driver or Store in Winter?

what do you guys think? is the CTS-V for show or for everyday driving? The CTS is an everyday car but the Z06 is not. Now we're stuck in the middle. IMHO, for 50 grand, it better wash my clothes, make my dinner, and brush my teeth all year round!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    if i buy one, which i probably will end up doing, i will put between 10-12 k on it per year. I think people can do what they want, if its a third or fourth car in the family and you want to baby it GREAT!. But cars are a depreciating asset, so imo drive drive drive.

Also, got a friend with a 2001 Viper that he has put about 10k a year on, people think hes crazy for using it as a daily driver, but its his car, and heloves to drive it. He lives in Chicago so it gets put away for three months a year, so pro-rated he would be closer to 13k per year.

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
    If I was gonna spend $70000+ for a car you can bet your life I would be driving the hell out of it!!!

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    Cars get better every year. The more you save it, the more ordinary (or even obsolete) it becomes.

Drive the wheels off, then get a new one.

I could understand saving an exotic sports car (even a lowly Corvette) because it has value to a significant group of aficionados even when it's past its prime, and there's a certain thrill to driving it even when it's fallen far from the cutting edge. People recognize and appreciate high-end sports cars in ways they'll never do with performance-tuned sedans, which five years on look just like their cheap and mundane siblings.

Saving a CTSv, whose very purpose is to offer sporting fun and daily practicality, just doesn't make sense. If you want a garage queen, buy the Z06. You buy the CTSv because you need it to be a car, not just a toy.

.Jinx

Chuck C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    the other question that relates is how will the CTSv hold up in snowy/wet conditions being RWD and all...and with Goodyear EMTs on it. I'd probably buy some sporty all season tires.

Spike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    If your rich enough to own a CTSv then park it when it snows or gets icey, and write a check for a used 4x4 truck or WRX for days like that...

Best thing about living in Tampa, annual snow fall: ZERO

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.