CTS vs CTSV
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS vs CTSV in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; My uncle is ready to buy a CTS. He was looking at the Z06, but is torn. I told him ...
    dts92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

CTS vs CTSV

My uncle is ready to buy a CTS. He was looking at the Z06, but is torn. I told him about the CTSv. He could have the best of both worlds. Anyone know what the price will be on the CTSv? Thx for any info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
    Less than a ZO6 I would think...

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    I think they will be fairly close, since the STS runs about 50, and I dont think it will be more than the STS.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    In the market for a Z06? A CTSv is definitely affordable -- at least on paper.

However, with Z06 in its last year before a newer hotter C6 is unleashed, and with CTSv just hitting the streets in January produced in small numbers with pent-up demand, street price may dictate that CTSv is unobtainable until Spring 2004. And if your uncle can wait that long, he'll see a C6.

.Jinx

Uncle got a CTS

My aunt 86'd the vette so my Uncle had me go down to the Caddy dealer and bring him back a CTS to try. I was actually surprised by the adequate power ( I was trying to talk him in to waiting for 3.6 or CTSV) and the handling is very good. He is tall 6'4" but the seat goes wayyyy back. The navigation system is sweet! Voice activated and has DVD. He said "Ill take it" after a 20 min drive. Funny when I was at the dealer they wanted to know if I would trade in my 92 DTS..I said NO I was impressed with the CTS and the styling is very unique.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    I'm having a hard time understanding why a guy that's thinking ZO6 would also be thinking CTS. The two are worlds apart.
    That's like saying that he was looking at an Hummer and a Deville.

By the time the CTSv comes out, he'll no longer be able to buy a ZO6 so the timeframe is also way off.

Is he serious or just window-shopping?

Katshot..you married? If you are then you know what I mean. Is he serious? New CTS in driveway. Z06 would have been nice but maybe practicality came into play, I am not sure but I am very happy for my Uncle..he is driving a cadillac now so what is the problem?

Originally posted by dts92
    Is he serious? New CTS in driveway. Z06 would have been nice but maybe practicality came into play, I am not sure but I am very happy for my Uncle..he is driving a cadillac now so what is the problem?
    I thought you said he was LOOKING at buying a new CTS.
    "My uncle is ready to buy a CTS"
    Obviously he's well passed that point. I was just having hard time understanding why a guy that was serious about a ZO6 would even be entertaining the idea of buying a CTS.
    Now if you said that your uncle was looking at a new CTS but DREAMING of a ZO6........

Now THAT I understand

I admit that I was trying to gently nudge him to the CTSv but like most of us he didnt want to wait that long...The Z06 was not so much a dream but he has a older porsche to play fast with. I am hoping that when the CTSv shows up I can take the CTS of his hands! Sorry for the misunderstanding Kevin...

No biggie.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.