V Series Debut
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, V Series Debut in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; The Car Connection has reported the V series will be shown at NY Show, i dont know how reliable they ...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

V Series Debut

The Car Connection has reported the V series will be shown at NY Show, i dont know how reliable they are or not

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    when's the NY show?

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Originally posted by Chuck C
    when's the NY show?
    Their website says April 18th.

http://www.autoshowny.com/

cars.com is also reporting that the v-series will be at NY, again i dont know how reliable they are either. hopefully the, where theres smoke theres fire, cliche will hold up on this one

Northstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    It wouldn't be there, at another forum an insider said it won't.

i really didnt think it would, but i figured i would pass the info along. Although i do hope its there anyway

ljklaiber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS 200K miles
    I am no insider at GM, but when I visited Detroit and saw the 2005 NS head (prototype), it seemed a major change on the exhaust side, indicating RWD standards. Better headers and true dually type ports....Listening to the guys involved, I believe that there is a fight within GM Corp as to LS1 (Chevy engine), and,or a true northstar. For what it's worth..The block changes are already done for RWD. CTS with 4.2 or 4.6, with variable intake valve timing would be my choice. Less weight , and equal power. My point being that the CTS SV will be all Cadillac. I hope so.

letsgored is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The NY Autoshow's website is claiming it will be there. Here's an excerpt from article that the autoshow's website links to (http://www.cars.com/carsapp/autoshow..._04_09_01.tmpl):
    "General Motors is expected to host two world premieres of production models: the Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, built with an extended wheelbase, and the Cadillac CTSv. Equipped with a 400-hp engine, the CTSv is the first of a V-Series and goes on sale late in 2003."

EDIT: Just realized that this is at cars.com, so this is probably the article referred to above.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    Remember, GM doesn't just drop an engine in a car and start selling it. They integrate it with the vehicle (wiring, mounts, software, etc.), they crash-test it, they emissions-test it, they road-test it, they send it to manufacturing.

XLR's RWD Northstar wasn't available when CTSv got started; LS6 was. Why would they want to delay another six months just so they can drop the power by 33%?

BTW, who says Northstar is lighter than LS6?

.Jinx

the XLR has been being developed alot longer than the V-series, so the engine was available. But it doesnt fit according to Cadillac.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    The engine was not available -- C5 mules were still driving around with early versions at the time Lutz gave the LS6 CTS the thumbs-up. But why anyone would want a Northstar when they could have an LS6 is a mystery to me. :-) Don't get me wrong, I think the Northstar is a marvy motor, particularly the new edition -- which I suspect may be detuned in its present form -- but for a car like CTSv I'm a brute-force kind of guy.

But if Northstar truly doesn't fit in CTS you've gotta wonder what they were thinking.

.Jinx

The V isnt coming out till late this year or early next. so imo if they wanted the northstar then they would have time to put it in. If the cts really does have near 400hp, we'll have our answer, as the northstar doesnt have that kind of power. so we could assume they used the LS6 for maximum performance. I would prefer the LS6, because of the abundant aftermarket already in place

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Originally posted by Brett
    I would prefer the LS6, because of the abundant aftermarket already in place
    And thus instant street credibilty which Cadillac desires right away. I think someone at GM is finally smart to understand this.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black
    Plus, if they put the Northstar in they would have to certify it for a manual which would be expensive.

Eldo1953 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
    "Equipped with a 400-hp engine, the CTSv is the first of a V-Series and goes on sale late in 2003."

Whatever it is 400hp is no joke!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.