Buick's CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Buick's CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Buick will be building a new RWD car on the Sigma platform. Maybe it will become a CTS for people ...
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Buick's CTS

Buick will be building a new RWD car on the Sigma platform.
    Maybe it will become a CTS for people who don't like the creases? Or will it hurt CTS sales? A buick would be priced lower, and that company has announced it will be using a version of the 3.6L in other models.
    Do you suppose this foretells of another CTS engine upgrade in the future (possibly '06?)...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Buick's CTS

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    Buick will be building a new RWD car on the Sigma platform.
    Maybe it will become a CTS for people who don't like the creases? Or will it hurt CTS sales? A buick would be priced lower, and that company has announced it will be using a version of the 3.6L in other models.
    Do you suppose this foretells of another CTS engine upgrade in the future (possibly '06?)...

This design is a more conservative version of the Sigma, something that should sell well with traditionalists.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Now, since the Aussies have now gotten a taste of fairly large turbo motors with the Ford XR6T, one might suppose that GM Holden will be under pressure to produce a turbo version of the 3.6 DOHC V6, at which point the GN/T-Type contingent will start clamoring to get that engine in the US in whatever this thing's going to be called...

...though at present Buick's image is about as far away from anything 'performance' as one could imagine.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

It certainly doesn't seem as sporty or agressive looking as the CTS. After seeing so many pics of the CTS, something just doesn't look right about it. I guess this will be the more common version. I wonder what/if any model it would be replacing?

JEM

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    It certainly doesn't seem as sporty or agressive looking as the CTS. After seeing so many pics of the CTS, something just doesn't look right about it.
    Actually, it looks very Toyota-ish, very much like the present Camry and Avalon, and that grille's pretty horrid.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by JEM
    Actually, it looks very Toyota-ish, very much like the present Camry and Avalon, and that grille's pretty horrid.
    The grille looks Mercury to me. I was thinking something smaller than Camry, in the sme family. It almost looks too short in the back and hood, but maybe shouldn't say this 'cause it's based on the CTS.

JEM

I would say it looks as sporty as the CTS (non-V) which IMO doesn't look particularly sporty.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

It LOOKS like a damn baby LS430 echoing the Toyota comment... im pissed, lets hope they keep Earls poo nicely separated from the CTS. Guess you cant keep a platform to yourself forever... grrr

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Harley Earl designed Caddies too, so be careful slinging around the 'poo' comments...

As for this, I was very disappointed when I saw it. A watered down CTS is the last thing GM needs.

But it brings up the question: Could a performance version of this(ala V-series) be the next Grand National?

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Now whyd ya have to remind me of that!

I dont think so, While I think Buick does want to become more progressive, the Buick Grand National is one of my all-time favorite muscle cars, and seemingly one of the last of the great ones, Its hard for me to see any possibility of the GN being surpassed, if Buick even goes for a performance strategy at all... I mean, they are trying to be more progressive, but they cant stray away from their target customer base altogether... well at least not as easily and as universally as Cadillac has been able to.

Thats just my opinion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.