So who is going to be the first to do a CTS-V grille swap? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, So who is going to be the first to do a CTS-V grille swap? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by lasstss I have read that the V grill is recessed. HAvent seen both side by side. Better ...
    darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: So who is going to be the first to do a CTS-V grille swap?

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    I have read that the V grill is recessed. HAvent seen both side by side. Better check first.

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    I have read that the V grill is recessed. HAvent seen both side by side. Better check first.

Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks for the pitures. I know I'm going to be in the minority, but I like the stock one better. Does ANYBODY agree with me ?

Quote Originally Posted by darrelld

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

I agree that the original CTS grill follows the art&science design philosophy much closer, but GM made a bad decision making it plastic. I like how it looks when painted body color and would be interested in seeing someone chrome one.

I also really like the chainmail like appearance of the V. Really goes well with the wreath and crest. Very 'knightly'.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    I agree that the original CTS grill follows the art&science design philosophy much closer, but GM made a bad decision making it plastic. I like how it looks when painted body color and would be interested in seeing someone chrome one.

I also really like the chainmail like appearance of the V. Really goes well with the wreath and crest. Very 'knightly'.
    Yea I agree, the stock one should match the body color, that almost always looks tons better than straight grey plastic

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh

yup. i saw one at the dealership the other day. the stock grill was painted black and it looked much much better. i wonder how much it is to get it painted? i'm still deciding on paintin the stock or swaping to V. depends on which is cheaper...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.