Factory Performance Packages - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Factory Performance Packages in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde Not really true. Originally GM used these on luxury vehicles to maintain a smooth ride. 2000+ ...
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: Factory Performance Packages

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    Not really true. Originally GM used these on luxury vehicles to maintain a smooth ride. 2000+ Oldsmobile Aurora's used load leveling for smoothness. You could NOT get hid's with this setup. In fact, most GM vehicles that have Nivomats do not have hid options, Suzuki XL7, Chevy Avalanche, and Buick Lucerne, just to name a few. Volvo and Audi have been using ZF Sachs Nivomats since the early 90's, all without hids.

IMO, GM could kill 2 birds with one stone using this setup. They could maintain good looks and smooth sporty ride, AND they wouldn't have to engineer an Adjusting HID setup like Lexus and BMW's, etc have, that moves vertically and horizontally with the curves of the road.
    I'm speaking of the Cadillac CTS here. It is solely the purpose of the HID in this application. Right?

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS View Post
    I'm speaking of the Cadillac CTS here. It is solely the purpose of the HID in this application. Right?
    Yea, in the CTS case, I think you're right. I have noticed tho (my 03 didn't have the nivo's) that with nivo's, the car is alot smoother and quieter over a bunch of smaller bumps then my 03 was. And my 03 had the sport pack, tho that mighta been fe2's? Maybe the Nivos are how the CTS maintains such a smooth and sporty ride all at the same time. Because its a huge amount smoother then a BMW 330i, and almost as responsive and sporty.

Kael is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option

bump to the top

did we ever get part numbers for the larger rotors and larger caliper brackets?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.