Factory Performance Packages - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Factory Performance Packages in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; The rotors are differrnt sizes between a 05 and 06 I own them both so......yeah...
    cossie1msu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS, '05 CTS, '04 SRX (V-8)

Re: Factory Performance Packages

The rotors are differrnt sizes between a 05 and 06 I own them both so......yeah

cossie1msu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS, '05 CTS, '04 SRX (V-8)

thats between an 05 17" and a 06 18" sorry

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    Hi, all, a newbie here. I am getting a new '06 CTS with the 3.6, a hole in the roof, auto trans and lux package. My question is this: What are the differences, besides the obvious, between the 18" Wheel Performance Package vs. the 17" wheel Sport Package? I realize things like 18" wheels vs. 17" wheels, etc. My main questions are related to items like the Performance Brakes and the Suspension. Since this will mainly be my wife's car, major mods are probably out of the picture here. I have searched and have not been able to find anything on this topic. All help is appreciated.

Paul
    Okay, gang, I emailed Cadillac with this question on July 18th. They responded with the standard answer they would get back to me within 5 days. On July 25th they answered back they are still looking into this question and will get back within 5 days. On August 1st they answered back they are still looking into this question and will get back within 5 more days. Are these people idiots or what?

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Quote Originally Posted by Kael
    the brake rotor sizes do no change between the packages on the cts. the missprint for the brake rotors being larger on the sports package came from the dimensionson of the cts-v rotor being transposed.

the limited slip is a new thing for 05 and 06. I want one.
    I thik you're wrong on this. I looked at the 17" sport pack brakes and the 18" sport perf pack brakes practically next to each other (on the vehicles, not on a table or something similar), and just by eyeing it, the 18" brakes look almost an inch bigger. I know the dealer said you can't fit 16" wheels on a CTS with this package.

Something we should look into further...
    parts #'s should tell us if they are the same or not...

Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    Okay, gang, I emailed Cadillac with this question on July 18th. They responded with the standard answer they would get back to me within 5 days. On July 25th they answered back they are still looking into this question and will get back within 5 days. On August 1st they answered back they are still looking into this question and will get back within 5 more days. Are these people idiots or what?
    No, not idiots in that sense. You haven't had a real person read your email yet. You've been AUTOMATED They're idiots in the sense that they think it's ok not to respond to people who own one of their vehicles...

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde
    No, not idiots in that sense. You haven't had a real person read your email yet. You've been AUTOMATED They're idiots in the sense that they think it's ok not to respond to people who own one of their vehicles...
    Actually, I have talked with one of them - a supervisor who, of course, had no clue. Time to shake the bushes again. Now it's "fun" to do this, as they are all screwed up (which we all know).

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Speaking of the Sport Package and contacting GM

I have contacted them also. I plan on replacing my Bridgestone Potenza RE050s when they wear out. There are several tires I have experience with that I have choosen.

The trouble is they are not available in the 225 50 18 size. I can get 225 45 18 or 225 55 18. Both will throw off the DIC and the speedometer by about 3.5%, so I asked GM if the DIC (computer) can be reprogramed by the dealer to correct the error.

I'ts been a week, with no response other than the first automated one.

Quote Originally Posted by MJDART
    Speaking of the Sport Package and contacting GM

I have contacted them also. I plan on replacing my Bridgestone Potenza RE050s when they wear out. There are several tires I have experience with that I have choosen.

The trouble is they are not available in the 225 50 18 size. I can get 225 45 18 or 225 55 18. Both will throw off the DIC and the speedometer by about 3.5%, so I asked GM if the DIC (computer) can be reprogramed by the dealer to correct the error.

I'ts been a week, with no response other than the first automated one.
    When you respond to their website, type in that you are extremely frustrated with their lack of response and non-action. Give them your phone number and I bet they will contact you personally.

What website are you giving feedback to?

Five weeks later and they still have no clue. I'm thoroughly impressed with their great intellect and knowledge.

Well, what do you know? After a month and a half Cadillac decided they would get back with me and answer my question. they responded, "Base: 16" brake 303 x 32 rotor with federal mogul (sic) lining material. Same on front and rear. Optional Performance: 17" brake pad 323 x 32 rotor rear, 320 x 36 front."

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

Quote Originally Posted by MJDART View Post
    The dealer can't reprogram for tire size. My experience was that the speedo is off at the factory by -3% ! I checked my speedo with a GPS and found that AFTER putting 245/45R18's on (3% bigger) that my speedo was now dead on. This somewhat makes sense since the V comes standard with those tires. I wouldn't worry about the tire size throwing off the speedo, as long as you keep the new tire size diameter between the stock size and the V size tires. I woundn't go smaller than stock (25.7" for 225/55R16), or bigger than 26.7" (245/45R18).

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by CTS_FAN View Post
    You mean for the 06 only I assume!
    The only purpose of the self leveling Nivomats is to keep the HID lights out of on coming drivers. Fill up the trunk and it compensates and keeps everyone safe.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS View Post
    The only purpose of the self leveling Nivomats is to keep the HID lights out of on coming drivers. Fill up the trunk and it compensates and keeps everyone safe.
    Not really true. Originally GM used these on luxury vehicles to maintain a smooth ride. 2000+ Oldsmobile Aurora's used load leveling for smoothness. You could NOT get hid's with this setup. In fact, most GM vehicles that have Nivomats do not have hid options, Suzuki XL7, Chevy Avalanche, and Buick Lucerne, just to name a few. Volvo and Audi have been using ZF Sachs Nivomats since the early 90's, all without hids.

IMO, GM could kill 2 birds with one stone using this setup. They could maintain good looks and smooth sporty ride, AND they wouldn't have to engineer an Adjusting HID setup like Lexus and BMW's, etc have, that moves vertically and horizontally with the curves of the road.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.