OK. So what color engine cover will it be???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, OK. So what color engine cover will it be??? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Alright. I looked at 2 different pics on Ebay of delivered black CTSV's. One has a silver engine cover, and ...
    GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

OK. So what color engine cover will it be???

Alright. I looked at 2 different pics on Ebay of delivered black CTSV's. One has a silver engine cover, and the other has a black one. I would have assumed the black cars get black, and Light Platinum get the silver one. If my black one on order comes with a silver cover, i'm going to call GM and bitch. Wonder if the guy on the assembly line screwed up? Car and driver's musta matched cuz they would have bitched about that too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: OK. So what color engine cover will it be???

The silver cover you're seeing is probably the one on the 3.6L CTS.
    The CTS-V has a black carbon-fibre looking one. Every V I've looked over or read about has it.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Of the 3 delivered V's I've seen pics of all have been grey (engine cover), on black cars. Some of the pre-prod cars I saw pics of had black. I'd prefer the black too.

-Ben

I can hunt down some pics in case anyone doesn't buy it's the V with grey cover.
    Attached Images

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The V on ebay right now has a black cover on it. It says that its the actual car that is in his showroom right now. Here's the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2458129285 Are these file photos? Why wouldn't the guy just snap new pics if its sitting right there?

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT
    The V on ebay right now has a black cover on it. It says that its the actual car that is in his showroom right now. Here's the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2458129285 Are these file photos? Why wouldn't the guy just snap new pics if its sitting right there?
    I believe those were file photos (but don't hold me to that) the last ebay link someone posted (maybe it was you?) in the Ebay V thread was of a V with Blk ext, tan int (with black doors WTF?), with a grey engine cover.

As you can see in my collection of shots above there is even a silver car with the black (engine) cover...not sure what ever became of the black engine cover idea but it sure looks like it has gone...

Inquiring Minds WANT TO KNOW! (Plus I want a glossy black engine cover too - even a carbon fibrey looking one!)

-Ben

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.