Just Order '04 Manual, Couple Qs.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Just Order '04 Manual, Couple Qs. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Just ordered the replacement for my Lincoln LS V8. I really don't like automatics so after a lot of debate ...
    BlueMalibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed

Just Order '04 Manual, Couple Qs.

Just ordered the replacement for my Lincoln LS V8.

I really don't like automatics so after a lot of debate I ordered the manual even though it only comes with the 3.2L engine. Shame on GM for not having the manual available for the 3.6l at introduction!

Anyone else have an '04 manual?

Mine should arrive next month and has:

Blue Chip Paint
    Bose
    Sport Package
    XM Radio
    Load Leveling Delete.

The good part was with the manual the car was cheaper. I have a 3 yr, 15K miles, 0 down lease at $450 month.

Since I am already down on power (compared to the 3.6) I am looking to buy an exhaust. Any recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: Just Order '04 Manual, Couple Qs.

Welcome to the family!

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Why delete the load leveling suspension?

I know that B&B makes an exhaust...

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Don't the terms of the lease prevent you from modifying the car?

OH NO!

Just got a call from my dealer telling me the car is on Production Hold and it related to all 1SA and 1SB cars with the sport package. ARRRGGGGGGGG!

Good point with the lease and mods - I will have to read the details. Of course, I would put the old exhaust back on before the end of the lease and then sell it on E-bay.

The load leveling seems like something I don't need and will add weight and complexity and cost to the car.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

SMART move deleting the load leveling suspension, honestly alot of the sporty german cars ive driven WITHOUT it feel as smooth as some of the cars ive driven WITH it. And it will save you some weight, also if you decide to keep the car itll be one less component failure to deal with in the future. Most leasing companies these days are somewhat mod friendly IF the car is turned in functioning in a stock condition and appearing stock. Its really just your out of pocket expense thats lost putting in the exhaust if you dont take it out later.

Nick C is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMalibu
    Just ordered the replacement for my Lincoln LS V8.

I really don't like automatics so after a lot of debate I ordered the manual even though it only comes with the 3.2L engine. Shame on GM for not having the manual available for the 3.6l at introduction!

Anyone else have an '04 manual?

Mine should arrive next month and has:

Blue Chip Paint
    Bose
    Sport Package
    XM Radio
    Load Leveling Delete.

The good part was with the manual the car was cheaper. I have a 3 yr, 15K miles, 0 down lease at $450 month.

Since I am already down on power (compared to the 3.6) I am looking to buy an exhaust. Any recommendations?
    Why don't you wait 6 months and get 05 manual with 3.6? You will quickly realise that you made a mistake but it's gonna be too late. I made same mistake with getting a 03 when 04's were only 2 months away. Now I'm stuck with 3.2, most unrefined DOHC engine I ever heard in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C
    Why don't you wait 6 months and get 05 manual with 3.6? You will quickly realise that you made a mistake but it's gonna be too late. I made same mistake with getting a 03 when 04's were only 2 months away. Now I'm stuck with 3.2, most unrefined DOHC engine I ever heard in my life.
    Good Thought - I would love to wait but my Lease on my LS is up at the end of February. Personally, I wouldn't lease but this is a company car so I have no choice.

Good Thought - I would love to wait but my Lease on my LS is up at the end of February. Personally, I wouldn't lease but this is a company car so I have no choice.
    Talk to your Lincoln dealer, they can extend your current lease for a few months. Do what ever it takes, cancel that order and wait untill 05's are out.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Is the 3.6 engine based on the 3.2 or they completely different?

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    3.6 is completely new engine.

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Completely new engine with global engineering.
    Attached Files

Well, I see what you all are saying - that 3.6 is the way to go. But I can't extend my current lease. And in reality who knows when the 3.6 / Manual combo will be available. After all, the car I ordered is on Production Hold.

So I had to decide between the Manual and Auto and I just can't stand slushboxes. They rob power (5% or more), hurt mileage, and take feel away. It was easy for me - less power and the manual is the way to go. YMMV. By the way, I am not suggesting anyone is making the wrong choice by going with the auto box - they are convienent - just not for me.

I am upset with GM for not offering the stick with the new motor at introduction. It really would have been nice. It makes me question buying an American car when the G35 is out there. Oh well, sorry for the rant.

Playdrv4me,

Is that your BMW? Before my LS (before I had a company car) I owned a 2000 323i. What a great car those BMW 3 series are!

Well, I see what you all are saying - that 3.6 is the way to go. But I can't extend my current lease. And in reality who knows when the 3.6 / Manual combo will be available. After all, the car I ordered is on Production Hold.

So I had to decide between the Manual and Auto and I just can't stand slushboxes. They rob power (5% or more), hurt mileage, and take feel away. It was easy for me - less power and the manual is the way to go. YMMV. By the way, I am not suggesting anyone is making the wrong choice by going with the auto box - they are convienent - just not for me.

I am upset with GM for not offering the stick with the new motor at introduction. It really would have been nice. It makes me question buying an American car when the G35 is out there. Oh well, sorry for the rant.

Playdrv4me,

Is that your BMW? Before my LS (before I had a company car) I owned a 2000 323i. What a great car those BMW 3 series are!
    255-5% is still more than 220. As far as milage goes you gonna spend about same on gas with 3.2 manual as you would with 3.6 auto, the reason I'm saying is because 3.2 requires premium and 3.6 does not. Anyways, I hope you have a lot of fun with your new car. I'm glad you decided to get a CTS.

QTwo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

BlueMalibu,

I would defintiely put the order on hold. There is a HUGE difference between the 3.2 and the 3.6. I have test driven both and they are night and day. The new 3.6 with a decent 6sp. manual tranny will move the CTS up several notches in the mid-size race.

Quite a predicament on the end of February expiration of the lease. I would try working something out with the Lincoln dealer or maybe even the Caddy dealer. If they really want to keep your business, they may work something out. If the dealer says no, go to a regional rep. With GM's move to improve their image, one-up Lincoln and bring a younger, sportier demoraphic into the picture, you may be surprised what they would do.

If all else fails, I would cancel the order (hey they placed it on hold, not you) and buy a G35. My search has been going on for over 12 months and I have narrowed it down to the G35, 6 sp. CTS 3.6 and the new Legacy 2.5T.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.