Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 65 replies 35 participants last post by  AlpineCTS 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard of a performance chip for the '04 CTS 3.6?
If not , is there any minor engine mods for more power.
THNX...

#27 · (Edited)
snooplbc said:
As far as the "4 da haters" comment, thats a license plate i would like to get on my car dedicated for people like AznPrydeRegalRyde
Haha, you got me, zing...lol:alchi::thepan:

I hated on you something fierce eh? When I'm good, I'm good. When I'm bad, I'm better!
I'll trade my '58 vette and my '06 350z for your lambo doors... Hell, you throw in the spoiler, and Ill give ya my 996s.
Seriously man, I think the car looks good. HATE HATE HATE.

PS. You might need to be here longer then 6 posts to tell I'm a hater. ;)

#28 ·
snooplbc said:
is there anyone here that is going to dyno day?
Here is some more info on the dyno day meet if you're interested:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/71561-socal-meet.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/club-cts-forum/72889-socal-cts-cts-v-meet-may.html

You can also register your email with Reed to get these updates to your email!!!

---------------------------

When you got the verticals, did you not cosider doing the shaved door handles? How much did it run you to put them on?

#29 ·
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
Haha, you got me, zing...lol:alchi::thepan:

I hated on you something fierce eh? When I'm good, I'm good. When I'm bad, I'm better!
I'll trade my '58 vette and my '06 350z for your lambo doors... Hell, you throw in the spoiler, and Ill give ya my 996s.
Seriously man, I think the car looks good. HATE HATE HATE.

PS. You might need to be here longer then 6 posts to tell I'm a hater. ;)

How about I trade my 5 unit condo for your " '58 vette and '06 350" and if your nice ill trhow in my land in canyon gate las vegas for your other bucket...

HOLLA AT ME

#31 ·
thats not what i'm about don't get the wrong impresion. that side of me comes out cuz of all these haters i gotta deal with.

#33 · (Edited)
snooplbc said:
thats not what i'm about don't get the wrong impresion. that side of me comes out cuz of all these haters i gotta deal with.
Noone hated on ya dude. In fact, even I said I liked what you had done to your CTS, twice! But if you like feeling hated, by all means...
I sarcastically told ya that there had been numerous posts about the chip and that using the search button is a samrt thing.

PS. remember, noone makes you 'deal' with anything...responding is your choice

#36 ·
Re: has anyone tried a performance chip?

no, just no.

and do a search. this has been answered a bunch of times before. The only real thing would be a trifecta tune. That chip is nonsense that "tricks" you computer to think the air temperature is different than what it really is

#37 ·
no, just no.

and do a search. this has been answered a bunch of times before. The only real thing would be a trifecta tune. That chip is nonsense that "tricks" you computer to think the air temperature is different than what it really is
I will ask when I find necessary.
Never every forum is up to date. If you have a problem with my post then ignore.

But referring to what you said, what do you mean by a trifecta tune?

What would be to gain if the computer thinks the temperature is different?

#38 ·
pinspade said:
Never every forum is up to date. If you have a problem with my post then ignore.

His reply wasn't made to be a douche! It has been talked about many times. From what I have read, there isn't really much of a chip out there for the car. Not much of anything motor wise except a few basic things.

#40 ·
pinspade said:

I remember reading a long and extensive...article...somewhere on here about these $60 performance chips. To elaborate on what the others said, they just trick your computer into thinking conditions are different than they really are. I believe I read it causes the engine to run rich and various other things. Essentially, what you're doing is gaining maybe 5hp max (if that) while losing an incredible amount of fuel efficiency and just plain overall efficiency. It may even be hard on your engine to run it in a way that it is not programmed to run.

Now, that being said, there are actual tunes and ways to reprogram your ECM to take advantage of performance mods you've made (exhaust, CAI, etc). These are marginally useful, even required to get use of your hardware mods you've made, however they are much different that those performance chips you see being advertised.

Steer clear of them and their "65hp gains and 15mpg fuel economy increase". It's a load of.....
Next thing they'll be advertising it'll make your car fly.

#41 ·

thanks for elaborating. This actually explains it. i didnt think it would actually improve the efficiency to much but i thought i would ask.
I did search the forums but all i usually find is people bashing on others, no one trying to help. Luckily this post actually helps a little. I will not be buying a CHIP. but i do want to find a easy way to improve HP it doesnt seem like the CAI actually does too much to improve performace.

#43 ·
pinspade said:
thanks for elaborating. This actually explains it. i didnt think it would actually improve the efficiency to much but i thought i would ask.
I did search the forums but all i usually find is people bashing on others, no one trying to help. Luckily this post actually helps a little. I will not be buying a CHIP. but i do want to find a easy way to improve HP it doesnt seem like the CAI actually does too much to improve performace.
CAI = Cold air intake. I'm sure you know that but just making sure...
And actually no, a CAI (Volant, K&N, etc) will give some actual hp and torque gains, especially when paired with a free flow exhaust like magma flow. They aren't a sham like the chips.

There are things out there for both the 3.2L and 2.8/3.6 engines, and there have been a few members who have dyno-tested these CAI/Exhaust combos and it is definitely effective. In addition, there's the Vmax Iceolator for the 3.6L engine. I'm less familiar with the 3.6 stuff as I've got a 3.2L, but apparently the Iceolator/Volant CAI and magnaflow exhaust all working together (with a re-tune) can get the 3.6L's original 255hp up to nearly 300hp as well as equivalent torque gains.

Personally...that sounds a little optimistic to me but there are a few on here who stand by that. I'm less familiar with all the in depth performance upgrades however. I haven't started doing all that to my 3.2L but I will eventually.

Anyway search around some more if you can. I know the search function on the CadillacForums iPhone app is real sketchy, but I assure you there is tons of hard, helpful info on here that can answer 80% of your questions. Not just member bashing each other ;)

#45 ·
AAIIIC said:
So first you give him crap because he answered your question, and then you ask him more questions? :confused: :lol:

As for the Trifecta tune, http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=trifecta+tune.

A CAI will help some, and there are ECU tuning options out there that should help as well. HP Tuners shows they support the 3.6L, so if you can find a tuning shop near you that uses HP Tuners and has the credits to tune the V6 cars you could go that route.

There’s no easy way to ever gain HP, but you bolted on a CAI and felt a big difference. So which is it – can you gain HP or not? :confused:

Those magma flow exhausts are HOT! :eek:

Have any links to these dyno results? I’ve never seen any – just lots of claims.
*Magnaflow. Darn my iPhone's autocorrect.

And yes. Check the stickies for everything. Especially you OP. There's a TON of info on just what you're asking in the Performance section.

Here are two links right now though, but I implore both of you to look through everything else in the stickies. It's interesting...

3.2L Dynos
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...air-intake-challenge-part-2-a.html#post514654

3.6L Dynos
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...great-air-intake-challenge-11.html#post481524

#47 ·

my bad about the trifecta tune, im more used to discussing in the newer generation cts forum and thats popular with those guys. none the less that chip you were asking about is nonsense. Its nothing more than disconnecting your temp sensor and placing a resistor in it so that it would read a specific temp, therefore throwing in more fuel and thus the feeling of more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.