Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Fuel Efficiency

536 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TerryMurray 
#1 ·
My 07 2.8L V6 CTS is getting 20mpg on the highway. Well I drive 50 miles to work at 70mph most of the commute. A few miles with five traffic lights close to work. I was expecting it to be above 24mpg. Anybody willing to share what they are getting with this model & year?

#2 ·
I have an 06 3.6 and I get in between 17 and 21. I only use premium fuel as well. It seems to run smoother. You are not going to get much better than that. They are not very good on the gas. Oh and living in Northern Illinois in the winter I have to put 3 70 lb sand bags in the trunk for help in the snow. With those in I only get 12-14 mpg.

#4 ·
Thanks for the numbers. I might try the higher octane gas and see what I get with it.

I only had one day of snowy roads since I bought it a couple weeks ago and noticed it didn't have good traction. The car was empty of everything except gas and myself. Definitely need sand bags for next winter!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.